laptop output to tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

lorry_carr

Beta member
Hi

I have a new TV that I want to connect my laptop to to watch films etc.

I've bought a S-Video to Scart cable, plug everything in, and tried to add the new screen in the control panel, but it doesn't recognise the new screen is there.

Any ideas, I'm not too good with this sort of stuff? Might my graphics card not support the screen (but then why would it have the S-video output...)

Thanks

Lorry

you have vista? xp?

for vista try clicking on the battery icon, and click windows mobility center, there you should see "external display"

Don't know about Scart, but on US models, we have 7-pin S-Video ports that have 3 extra pins for other types of output. Does the cable convert 4-pin (regular S-Video) to Scart or does it just connect via the S-Video port but have extra pins? Look at the connector, it should either have 4 or 7 [maybe more than 7] ports. If it has 7 or more pins, it means that your system must support Scart output via the S-Video port. If you have a US computer, probably won't work, otherwise look in your graphics control panel. In my nVidia panel I can set the S-Video port to work with S-Video, Composite, and Component outputs.

no, xp, my s-video cable has 4 pins as does my s-video out (i'm in the uk though if that makes a difference)

my graphics card is an integrated Sis M760 if that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom