Overclocking my new E8400

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhgunit

Daemon Poster
Ok, I am up to 4.0 Ghz now......all I have done is increase the FSB. I have to say this thing is much more impressive and stable than my failed Q6600.

CPU voltage is still 1.33V and CPU cores are at 40*C idle/55*C load.

I have never been around a CPU that could do this. What if I can get this thing up to 4.3 or even 4.4Ghz without even changing the voltage? Should I call that a good clock or go even further? If I do go further and get say 4.6Ghz or 4.7 Ghz should I scale it back after that.....and to what?

4.6 will not be achieved everyday by air.. i promise you that

your getting to the point of needing more voltage.. but keep going if you can :)

I will keep going and keep you guys up to date in this thread.

What should I drop this thing back to when I am done......OK say for kicks and giggles I get it to 4.3Ghz.

i'm sure you can do em for benchmarks.. but 4.0 sounds like a nice spot to stay at for everyday use

download the intel burn test and run that 5 loops to ensure stability for yourself

4.2-4.3ghz is usually pretty easily attainable even on C0 steppings. Past that voltage requirements tend to rise exponentially.

Yep, I just did 4.1Ghz and I'm stable.

Serving up 4.2 next......LOVE these things. Of course, I would probably love Gurusan's Q9650 even more......lol.

4.2Ghz and I'm unstable. I'm done for the night and I might call it good permanently. I don't feel like messing with my voltages when it is running just fine at 1.33v.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom