*The Official Tech-Forums Super Pi 1M Rankings*

Re: Tech Forums Official SuperPi 1M Top List

!! i have a 3200+ venice core skt 754 sitting here, it runs at 2.2ghz stock, but i couldnt ever get the crappy Asrock K8upgrade-nf3 motherboard i had to overclock it (the review sites say its good with overclocking? but i couldnt even increase the FSB 1 mhz, =) wouldnt allow me to..

i have no idea what that little venice will do, but i'll probably get another skt754 board to test it out sooner or later

Picture001-1.jpg

[size=+4]Sweet monitor :p[/size]

back in those days I was running cas 2-3-3-6 1t corsairs xms just 2x512mb lol. Ridiculous timings

i want to know how that speaker on your monitor isnt causing megnetic interference....

i have an old Viewsonic 22inch , and my philips 7.1 surround sound speakers cause those funny colors
(it doesnt if its really close to the front, but if i put it near the back, or the top it does..)

=P LCDs are fine, im talking about CRTs

CRTs use those funky electron guns to spray the image on the screen

anyway it doesnt matter, move it around your CRT in some areas and you'll notice a little rainbow of colors following you.

(this is what the degauss feature was for, =)

i want to know how that speaker on your monitor isnt causing megnetic interference....

well there's a few reasons for that... firstly, the flux is highest at the highest satellite amplitude (ie volume)... no sound means a very low MFD... secondly, its sitting right on the top where the actual screen is (the "glass" is usually an inch and a half or so thick, and owing to the design of the CRT and the nature of particles, the electrons cannot be deflected after hitting the screen)... it would have to be further back to interfere with either the electron deflecting plates or the electrons themselves.

Back
Top Bottom