Best hard drive I can get for under 1k

Status
Not open for further replies.
i knew it has the hyperthreading thing, but does that actually "double" the amount of cores?

EDIT: don't make fun of crap P4's...i'm still running on one :(((((((((((

for now........till christmas :] lol

More ram will allow me to run ramdisk. And go ahead and Itch me out I dont care. I have lots of extra money and I plan on spending it. Also Im not a kid i'm 27 and instead of putting me down why not just be happy about the fact that im getting a good pc. It just shows what kinda person you are.

there is a difference between a good computer..and a good-is-costing-way-to-much-money-for-something-that-will-be-out-dated-in-12-to-18-months- computer

just trying to save you money bro....a good corei7 build with 6gb ram, and like 1 4870/gtx 260 will have almost the same amount of power as your build for about a third of the price

have a look at the OCZ core series SSDs... they're some seriously fast drives and they're relatively cheap

of course, if money is really no object you could get a Fusion-IO ioDrive (check it out-> Fusion-IO :: Products)... i've seen reviews where it gets 800MB/s sustained in HDTach... now thats some serious performance... of course it'll cost you a pretty penny (try $2400 for 80GB :D)

Huge waste of money and it wont be the "best".

Pc hardware moves too fast to ever have the best computer. You can spend $4000 and six months later its worth $1500.

Everyone here is right. That computer will be $4,000, $3,000 of which will be just a waste. Get a nice P45 board, E8500~E8600, 4GB DDR2 800mhz Ram, 4850/4870, and a decent corsair PSU.

The E8500~E8600 should be able to hit 4.00ghz with AIR cooling. Air cooling which is $30~$70 for a nice heat sink.

Everyone here is right. That computer will be $4,000, $3,000 of which will be just a waste. Get a nice P45 board, E8500~E8600, 4GB DDR2 800mhz Ram, 4850/4870, and a decent corsair PSU.

The E8500~E8600 should be able to hit 4.00ghz with AIR cooling. Air cooling which is $30~$70 for a nice heat sink.

QFT brother!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom