Budget Gaming Computer (Around $1200-$1300)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evolution151

Beta member
Monitor: Acer 22" Widescreen LCD
Mouse: Razer DeathAdder
Keyboard: Microsoft Media
Case: Antec Nine Hundred
Case Fan: Thermaltake 120mm
Motherboard: ECS P45T-A LGA 775
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
Graphics Card: EVGA GeForce 9800 GX2
Ram: G.SKILL 4GB (4 x 1GB)
HD: Western Digital 500GB
CD/DVD Drive: 2 x SAMSUNG 22X DVD Burner
PSU: Rosewill 850W
Media Card Reader: Koutech IO-RCM620
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver 5

This is the gaming computer I customized, please tell me what you think and I would like any suggestions to make it better. =)

P.S. I already own Microsoft Windows Vista 64-Bit

Look at the Corsair 750TX 750w power supply. It's much better than that Rosewill. And you don't need Thermal Paste if you're not getting a new heatsink. If you do want a better heatsink, I'd recommend the Sunbeam Core Contact Cooler, but it comes with the best thermal paste, so you don't even need Arctic Silver 5.

p.s. 1200 bucks is not a budget computer ;)

I'm sure it was a serious recommendation and a good one, but probably not for his budget. The Q9550, not only benefiting from a 45nm architecture, sports more cache memory, and a faster FSB, so all around it is much better CPU and very worth the extra cost.

However, not for a "budget" computer :p. Also, as ethan mentioned, this isn't exactly a budget build, but when you have to buy a large monitor and accessories the cost adds up quick. Normally people refer to budget gaming builds as those that are ~$500 or less for the tower.

Um not that much faster and almost 2x the cost? are u kidding? or was this a serious recommendation?

Serious reccomendation with a 1300 budget there is room to spare overall there is a $950-1000 budget for actual components

To the OP are you actually going to use a quad core it won't give you a noticeable performance increase (unless your a media editor, CAD professional or very heavy multi-tasker) and a C2D will be faster per core and cooler giving you better gaming performance.

Well thanks for that I updated the ram,psu, and video card. Lol also it is a budget for me since I only want to spend 1200 our of my 2000. I will take any other suggestions =).\, help is always wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom