The Official NosBoost300 Overclocking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nos I think I'm going for it. I need it man. It's like a drug. Honestly I marvel at the bandwidth. Check thermalright they already have 1366 mounts out. Good thing I sold my NB/SB blocks because they would be useless

IMO the cpu bottleneck is way over stated. I don't think any of the current video cards are fast enough to be held back by the core2s. Maybe the older ones but the newer wolfdales are sufficiently fast. I agree with Nos, those cpu overclocks didn't help my game fps much.

There was a really good post on another forum written several years ago that explained the myth of cpu bottle necks in 3d gaming. The cpu has much less work to do than the video card so it can still be a slow cpu and be running its task at 100fps, but the gpu may only be able to handle 60fps. If the cpu was bottle necking my system then a switch to a gtx260 would yield no performance gains in Crysis. But we all know that isn't true.

Your giving the gpu guys too much credit. Core2s are very fast. Personally I think the truth is closer to the opposite.

If you have enough of anything then something will bottleneck. But I don't think you can bottleneck on 2 way sli or 2 way crossfire. let alone single cars. 3 way maybe.

and frankly... i don't think the bottleneck would be noticeable in anything other than a benchmark...

the only time i've seen a bottleneck was in intensive benchmarks... where skulltrail really shined was with 3 way SLi....

you'll never notice a cpu bottleneck with a core2 during gaming, because for this to occur, you'll have to have an absolutely insane setup (at least 3 way SLI/CF... cept maybe double gtx 280s), so the fps will be well beyond the threshold a human eye can distiguish (around 8 fps is enough for the illusion of motion, and you wont be able to tell the difference past ~18fps)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom