PSU frame? how do i get around it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VistaGamer

Baseband Member
Alright, i want to replace my PSU with a better one. My friend had installed my first PSU a while ago, but now he moved and we don't talk anymore.

Now heres the problem, there is a frame around the PSU. How do i get around this frame? I tried unscrewing the first 4 screws that you initially unscrew to get the PSU out, then tried jiggling and shaking the frame out of place. It moved, but it didn't work. then i tried removing some other screws that were around the general area of the frame, then jiggled and shaked the frame again, still nothing.

I saw a hinge on the frame, so i tried lifting the side opposite to the the hinge, nothing again.

can someone help me out here? Any help would be appreciated ( Just don't say get a new case or anything like that, I don't have the time or money for that just yet).

Post pics. Cant help without at least seeing what you are talking about...

If it is one of the larger 800W+ ones many cases don't support them. Normally you need to get a full tower.

I probably won't be able to get A picture too soon. All i can really say is that the PSU is located at the top of the case, with some sort of support box around it, and it's is fastened on to the Case by something, possibly some screws.

Any general ideas might help.

Also, it's only a 650W, and the case is ATX

EDIT: Here's the pics i could only find

Newegg.com - HP Pavilion a6000n(RX885AA) Athlon 64 X2 4200+ 1GB DDR2 250GB NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE Windows Vista Home Premium - Desktop PCs

Look at the inside of the computer pictures... the thing with the yellow warning sticker is the frame.

Nevermind, I am a retard. Turns out there was a latch to get the thing out of place.

Thanks for the help. sorry for wasting you time, burn this thread if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom