Need help using TV as monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ben2the4th

In Runtime
Im really confused on how to get a TV hooked up to the computer so you can use it as a monitor. Somone told me to get a card someone said i need to get special cables. Plus I don't know what inputs I need. People keep telling me S video AV and TV inputs but what do they look like. Geez i'm so confused. Please tell me what to buy and what i need.

what graphic card u got? most newerr ones have tv outs on them. i have a raad 9700 pro. It should come with the cable u need, or its simple a video cable, i dunno what they are called. Then u plug it in the tv, and have the monitor plugged in also so u can boot and c what u are doing. Then go in display settings, and expand the desktop to 2nd monitor. That should do it

lol, then u definately have the port on ur card, look on the back of ur pc, its the one in the middle. U just need the appropriat cable to connect to tv

yo tell u what, lemme get my tv in my room, and conenct it, il tell u step by step instructions ok, gimme 10 mins

grrrr cant find my cable... lol oh well, once i find it, and set it up, and u still havnt found out how to mke it work, il pm u, :D

most likely its going to be a s-video cable that is needed to connect your video card to your tv, but be warned, pc graphics DO NOT look pleasent on televisions, u will be surprised.

i agree, i did it to play n64 emulator a long time ago, with 3 other friends, so it kinda cool playng from a lil distance, but its nothing special. for dvds, id stick to monitor.

And oldanthemanlo u play d2? i ask cuz of ur sig, i use to be the BIGGEST d2 freak ever, lol. I FINALLY QUIT WOOT my life is so much better now, hehe. i had like acnts of 99's not like 1 or 2.. lol

oh well, sry got a lil exited there, its always cool to find fellow d2 players, oh well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom