Harddrive questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

serpentor

Beta member
hey everyone.

I'm kinda new at this, and wondered if you could give me some pointers.
The questions I'm going to ask are probably going to make everyone laugh out loud, but the only thing I've ever replaced on my comp is the modem which is pretty much childs play really lol.

First thing is "IDE" the same as "EIDE" ? :eek:

I've been wanting to get a new hardrive for my compaq Presario It's the SR1120NX model and I was wondering what kind of harddrive would be good for it? I have a Seagate right now, are they better than western digital?
I want something that I'm not going to get locked up all the time and have to restart. Where I live I seem to only find western digital but theres this one website called Computer Memory Upgrades for Every Computer and Camera | 4 All Memory Would anyone recomend buying from them?
Thanks for your advice and time I really appreciate it

Re: Harddrive

EIDE is Enhanced version of IDE. You should be ok to install it into your IDE/EIDE controller with no problem.

As for Seagate -vs- Western Digital, I am not sure which is "better" and will let someone else answer that for you. "Better" is often subjective to peoples' opinions of course.

Newegg is a very popular sight, and they have deals for regular users of the site. Incentives to keep buying there. I check out stuff there time to time, but haven't bought anything there personally. I hear a lot of people like Newegg, so that is a good sign. Maybe check them out.

Good luck in your search !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom