USB keyboard will not work for bios?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad711

Daemon Poster
I never had any issues with my last mobo when entering setup or the boot menu. But for some reason with my new mobo the usb keyboard will not work. Well it does once the OS boots but if I want to hit DELETE to enter the bios it will not work. So I use my old keyboard that isn't usb to boot bios. The odd thing is when I do get into the bios I can use the USB keyboard??? :confused:

Does this have something to do with the USB device not loading in some sort of order it should?

Get into the BIOS and look for the option to turn USB keyboard on, or something similar.

If there's no bios setting then you'll need a USB to PS2 adapter. And if you have only one PS2 port you'll need a PS2 keyboard/mouse port splitter cable.

The PS2 adapter isnt working and I cannot find settings for this in bios. I do not understand why this board would not support it. I had a $45 mobo that did and this $170 doesn't???

I'll try again with a restart but no it wasnt working when I tried it during my lunch break. I was some what in a hurry

Tried it, didnt work. Guess I am screwed.

Legacy USB support is disabled. To my understand this is how I should leave it because other wise it will slow down the post.

Is this the problem or does this have nothing to do with it?

Once in BioS look under integrated peripherals and find USB Keyboard Support, it should be Enabled for your keyboard to work properly. Even though it is USB, it should register to get into BioS.

I did not see anything about integrated peripherals. I did see something about 'USB Device Wake up from S3/S4'

What is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom