hello i nead some help and im verry confiused

Status
Not open for further replies.

hab4ever

Solid State Member
hello im anthony(hab4ever) im building a pc for my first time and i nead some help picking a motherboard , i seen 2 gud motherboards but i dont now wich one to pick can enny wane help me plz?

1 motherboard- P5E3 Premium/WiFi-AP -
ASUSTeK Computer Inc.

2 motherboard- P5Q3 Deluxe/WiFi-AP @n
ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
----

if someone can tell me wich is better and wat is the difrance betwen dese boards and do dey suport nvidia grapic cards?. by anthony

im verry sorry for my english :(

It'll work with nVidia cards but you can't SLi on it, just Crossfire

Asus P5Q3 is a based on a P45 Intel Chipset

Asus P5E3 s a based on a X38 Intel chipset

But you should know that DDR3 only boards are not worth considering with Nehalem (i7) around the corner

wich one shal i buy i want the best one ove deme 2. thanks by anthony

hello im anthony i nead to now wich chip set is better:

1- P45 Intel Chipset
ore
2-X38 Intel chipset

i nead to now thanks.

sorry for grammer :(

The P5E3 Asus boards are Intel X-chipsets. The Deluxe is x38, the Premiums are x48. The only difference being that x48 natively supports DDR3.

P45 Chipsets are good for regular use and with the accompaniment of PCIe 2.0 on the new p45 boards the average user will find little difference between them.

One beaming difference in p45 boards to x48 boards is the implementation of Crossfire. True Crossfire actually has 2+ seperate PCIe 16x buses. X48/X38 chipsets will provide this to you. If a P45 board says it is crossfire ready this means it will work.. but the second PCIe slot only runs at 4x or 8x. Some will argue that because it is PCIe 2.0 it doesn't matter because 2.0 is rated for higher voltages and bandwidth. But I have not seen any tests or reviews to prove this.

The only other difference that the average user will not notice is the ability to overclock. If you're not a heavy gamer that needs best of the best get a P45 board. If you want to crossfire 2 4870x2's and play Crysis at max.. get X48.

The P5E3 Asus boards are Intel X-chipsets. The Deluxe is x38, the Premiums are x48. The only difference being that x48 natively supports DDR3.

P45 Chipsets are good for regular use and with the accompaniment of PCIe 2.0 on the new p45 boards the average user will find little difference between them.

One beaming difference in p45 boards to x48 boards is the implementation of Crossfire. True Crossfire actually has 2+ seperate PCIe 16x buses. X48/X38 chipsets will provide this to you. If a P45 board says it is crossfire ready this means it will work.. but the second PCIe slot only runs at 4x or 8x. Some will argue that because it is PCIe 2.0 it doesn't matter because 2.0 is rated for higher voltages and bandwidth. But I have not seen any tests or reviews to prove this.

The only other difference that the average user will not notice is the ability to overclock. If you're not a heavy gamer that needs best of the best get a P45 board. If you want to crossfire 2 4870x2's and play Crysis at max.. get X48.

you should add that you need a huge monitor as well...like 2560 x 1600 huge, because at 1920 x 1200 down, it really makes very little difference (crysis being somewhat of an exception). pretty much every review says that. really depends on the game. crysis at 1920 x 1200 you will have a ~5 FPS difference (which with very high settings is like ~21 vs ~16 FPS..which is substantial, although why anyone would play a game that only gets 21 fps is beyond me), WiC there is no difference, UT3 ~10 FPS difference (we're talking 130 vs 120...no big deal at all).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom