The Official NosBoost300 Overclocking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
wtf!! how does this guy get 20k with woth a single 260 and an e8400??

in europe electronics tend to be very expensive (almost as many euro as USD), so that board shouldn't cost more than about $450... either way, thats not cheap... but it goes like a beast

i was at about 18k with my e8500 at 4.2 ghz, i don't see 20k being too hard

I see dualies getting higher sm2.0/3.0 scores than quads.

yeah... seems to be a common thing... not sure why tho... probably something to do with the core structure... actually it might be because of the reduced latency to the SB, but that shouldnt account for 1000s on sm2 and 3

higher fsb??? I compared two identical systems. One guy running 600fsb and the other guy running 480. 600 had the higher score and sm2/3 was something around 10k and 11k. I'm going off memory but the sm2/3 could of been higher. This is all speculation I could be totally wrong lol

ughh,, i've been stuck trying to get this cs3 master collection to work on a laptop all day, i can't figure out why its not going...

so i'm taking the easy way out, reformatting it, then installing the cs3 suite.. lol

yeah quads will usually not get higher sm2/sm3 marks due to the lower average clocks, but they make up for it in the CPU score.

That said, I just got my e8600 to 4.7ghz @ 1.464v :D seems stable so far

looking at both 4ghz clocks for an e8600 vs q9550. sm2/3 is about equal and cpu score of course is higher on the q9550. Clocking the e8600 to 5ghz would make up some ground on the cpu score but result in a higher sm2/3.

Guru what batch did you get

Don't know why but I'm tempted to sell my crap and go i7

as soon as programs start utilizing all 4 cores for different aspects
quad core is going to destroy dual core.

but untill then your just wasting 2 cores unless your downloading, playing mp3s, and streaming pronz at the same time =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom