Parts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

Everything to Nothing
Helloooo now that you are reading this I am about to upgradce my socket 939 classic with a nice 775 board. Problem is money! Sooo I have come up with teh following..

Motherboard:

ASUS P5N-D nForce 750i SLI Socket 775 8 channel audio ATX Motherboard - Ebuyer

now the 750i is £10 more than the 650i, is it work spending the extra money?

CPU:

Intel Pentium Dual Core E5200 2.5GHz Socket 775 800FSB 2MB Cache Retail Boxed Processor - Ebuyer

is this a good CPU for the money? Bit dissapointed it's branded as pentium and not core 2

As for RAM I'm getting a 2GB kit of Corsair xm2..

Responces as usual would be fantastic ;)

Ok I'm definately considering the first mobo being more expensiveve and getting that CPU :)

I'll just see what it comes to..

Actually it comes to kinda too much with the P5Q pro Ill just try the other one,

You could get this ram
Corsair 2GB Kit (2x1GB) DDR2 800MHz/PC2-6400 XMS2 Memory Non-ECC Unbuffered CL5 Heat Spreader Lifetime Warranty - Ebuyer
and use the money saved to get the p5q pro I linked earlier. If you look the only differences of the ram you picked and the one I picked is the latencies being c4 @ 2.1v and mine being c5, but the one I picked runs @ 1.9v. I bet it will do cas4 if you pump the voltage to 2.1v just like the cas4 corsairs you picked. You get a better mobo out of the deal if you go w/ my choices and it will run the same but you will have 1mb less cache which is not a big deal. I've ran the e2180 overclocked to 3.0ghz and its a nice little chip

Well I'm trying to spend as little as possible but still get good parts, you think that ram that you linked above would be and overclock better than the ones I linked? :)

Shame newegg don't ship to UK..thanks for the input though :)

Well I'm trying to spend as little as possible but still get good parts, you think that ram that you linked above would be and overclock better than the ones I linked? :)

like I said the ones you picked are 4-4-4-12 2.1v the ones I picked are 5-5-5-18 1.9v. I'm sure it'll get cas 4 w/ 2.1v ymmv. Its up to you. If you go w/ my selection you get a better mobo out of it. You can run the ram as high as 2.2v

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom