My setup thus far :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhh yikes, Ok Koldapu - would you mind reccomending me 3 different fans you think would be really good. 2 for the case (one 80mm, one 120mm) and one for the heatsink (which i think is 92mm)? I am now completely clueless to which 3 fans would be good. If you (or anyone elsee) could help me w/the fans that would be great.

Its up to you Esse. It depends on how much you care about noise. Now I don't particularly care too much about noise so I bought that vantec tornado thinking the people saying it was loud were whiners, cause they said that about the coolermaster jet and it doesn't bother me. the thing is INSANELY loud. Theres a difference between 'not caring about sound' and 'how long do you think your sanity will last with a constant hair dryer going' Imagine if you had a sister blow drying her hair all day while you were at the computer hehehe thats just ONE of those fans muchless two or more. Plus I got the 80mm one, I can't imagine what the 92mm sounds like. You could use the 92mm tornado on an SLK-900a heatsink and since its in the case you might not hear it that much plus you should get phenominal cooling from that. Plus if you get a rheobus controller, that thing is strong enough to handle those tornados, BUT that controller also has the option to turn your fan OFF so if other people use your computer and you have the controller hooked up to your CPU then just be careful.

Try and keep the dBa as low as possible while finding the highest possible CFM. Once you start getting past like 50-60 CFM though the fan is gonna be loud regardless. tornado is 84cfm with like 55dBa and that is LOUD as hell so definitely go for 40 and under as far as dBa goes

Ok good input, what about RPM or should I not pay attention to that as much. Thanks for input!

I think since EVERY review says LOUD LOUD LOUD, I will not get them. I have two sisters...both went off to do better things, and I do NOT miss the blow drying.

just wondering, what ARE decibels? like, how many decibels is a whisper? how many decibels is a water faucet?

nvm i found out

silence = 0db

whisper = 20-30db

conversation = 60db

10db is 10x .00000000001 db, 20db is 100x, 30db is 1000x and so on

the 120mm is awesome. Low decibals, nice CFM at max movement, thats a definite one to go for. The 80mm fan is about average....should push about an average amount of air and have an average amount of noise to it. You could do better with that fan, and are LED's in the fan a necessity to you? Also see if you can't find a ball-bearing type 80mm fan instead of sleave bearing. And as for that 92mm fan with bracket, I'm not entirely sure how those brackets are supposed to be placed. I read a couple reviews and some people had it for their cpu and some said they had it for their chipsets so I honestly don't know how that works but I don't think it fits into the category of a 'normal' 92mm fan. If you want something exotic try this:

http://www.svc.com/3dedgefan-22.html

=) even that thing is a little weird to me. I personally plan on buying a little blower fan like this one:

http://www.svc.com/comaaeseblfa1.html

to put on as the intake at the rear of my PC. Most will say thats stupid to have a rear intake, but the blower will blow perfectly into my coolermaster jet which also utilizes blower technology so it'll be pointing towards the rear...blowerfan blowing into a bigger blower fan =). That 120mm that you linked I think I'm gonna use for a blowhole at the top of my case. put that thing up there as an exhaust. I have a spare 80mm vantec tornado..dont know if I want to use it cause its sooooo damn loud unless I get a fan controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom