Tech-Forums Recommended PC Components v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Tech Forums Recommended Pc Components v2.0

I think the 9600GT can go into the mid-range as well. You can also add the Q6700 under mid range as well, in my opinion.

The q6700 is discontinued or is about to be which is why I didn't include it.

I had though about adding the 9600gt to midrange but wasn't sure. I was trying to limit midrange to current gen hardware and if I add the 9600gt I also have to add the 3870 since they have similar performance. There is such a huge performance gap between a 9600gt and GTX 260 Core 216 that we have to draw the line somewhere.

I'll be willing to help too

Thanks. As soon as I figure out how to divide up whats left I'll pm you.

I agree. You have the 4870 and the gtx280, if you put the 9600gt in the same category it would look to a newer member as if they all have similar performance. Of course that's far from the truth, and we should try to give the most accurate picture as we can.

I would consider the GTX 280 as a high end card. I understand why you would put it there though. My idea of the three "classes" are:

Low end: <$100

Mid Range: $100 - $300

High End: $300+, single or dual card setup

As for processors:

Mid Range: $100 - $250 (Because the majority of CPUs are in this range, and you can get very good stuff from this range)

High: >$250

no the 920 is less than that.

also couple of things i saw, the 'teal' gskill ram is PK's. pk's are good for tight timings and not so much for speed, u would probably want to add in place the NQ's which are much better for speed or the PQ's.

also the patriot exemtreme series is not good at all, overclcojmign wise you can really make no chnages to them.

good wguide thought, everything else seems spot on.

I would consider the GTX 280 as a high end card. I understand why you would put it there though. My idea of the three "classes" are:

Mid Range: $100 - $300

High End: $300+, single or dual card setup

As for processors:

Mid Range: $100 - $250 (Because the majority of CPUs are in this range, and you can get very good stuff from this range)

High: >$250

Thats about the system I followed with the one exception being the Q9550 since it is a better chice than the lower priced yorkfields.

no the 920 is less than that.

also couple of things i saw, the 'teal' gskill ram is PK's. pk's are good for tight timings and not so much for speed, u would probably want to add in place the NQ's which are much better for speed or the PQ's.

also the patriot exemtreme series is not good at all, overclcojmign wise you can really make no chnages to them.

good wguide thought, everything else seems spot on.

I will remove the patriot extreme performance. I ddin't add the NQ's because of their timings but if they overclock well enough to make up for that I will add them. I was also thinking of replacing the PK's with the PI's which I missed when I was looking through the options for ram.

Newegg.com - G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

hmm this is the first time I discovered this thread as well as the previous one ( I'm blind to stickies for some reason ), seems really helpeful and addresses most of the questions in the "what to buy" threads

also why no tuniq tower 120 recommendation? Everyone used to love it before :p

The tuniq isn't recommended because the Xigmatek and Core Contact are cheaper and cool better

I added the Gskill NQ's and removed the patriot extreme performance.

Edit: The budget section is added.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom