Can I OC with a 650w power supply?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Matt I found it.

Looks like I am not going to get any more out of this setup then 2.62 GHz. Unless of course I just do not know what I am doing. If I try to bump up any more then where I am the OS will not boot.

When I ran the Burn Test it failed and said my cpu or ram is unstable....I'm only at 2.62.

Why is everyone feeling that I should be able to get to 3.0 with no issues? I am new to this, today is my first day trying it out but it seems I am not getting any further now.

If I want to try and get more then 2.62GHz then what steps are next? Or do you think I am pushing my luck?

cpuz_1.jpg

It only goes to 2500 when you need it, otherwise it stays at 1.7 to save power. Do something demanding, it will go back to 2.5

your keyboard is USB, and some of them don't work at the post screen.

Bump voltage to 1.35, Loosen ur ram timings, set FSB to 400 and hope for the best. :)

I already bumped voltage on cpu...at least I think I did. I saw a CPU voltage that said something like 1.288 and I went in and add 0.050.

Set FSB to 400? Don't I want FSB to be higher? It was at 1066 and I can go up to 1333.

What do you mean by loosen ram settings?

I suggest you read some overclocking guides so then you can have most your answers answered by looking at a guide.

Just check the guide's that are stickied at the top.

I did read them. It gives you the general starting grounds on what to do. I just thought I could get OC'ed to 3.0 GHz with no problems but I can't even get close. I can't get past 2.62 GHz.

I'm sure some of it is my learning curve but I get the feeling my hardware isn't up to snuff some where, either my psu or my memory maybe, idk. I know the new memory I got Corsair is suppose to be good. Not sure about the other two memory sticks.

You fsb gets multiplied to 9, so you have 9 x 290.6

So 9 x 400 is like 3.6Ghz

I think you might not be to clear on OCing. You have plenty of power, Vid is low. Try ditching all but 1Gig of RAM.

ight be timde to reset your BIOS, or even try upgrading the BIOS. You're doing something wrong, or you've set something bad.

Take you cpu voltage up to say 1.325v or so. That is within the safe limits, just make sure you don't break 1.5v. Also mess with your ram divider, if you have cheap ram it will be holding you back and you will have to under clock it.

I set everything back to normal. Most of this is over my head right now. I'll have my buddy come over sometime and have him do it.

Today I was trying to use my G25 wheel with a racing sim game I play. When playing the game I got a blue screen (I think something about hard disk) and then the OS crashed. I've never had this happen to me on my previous setup. I'm guessing this is the results of overclocking and not having a stable setup? Would you agree?

Other things that have happened. I was getting a "Explorer has stopped working" error.

The only thing I have done out of the normal beside OC'ing is I used a recovery program to recover some files and such that I deleted out of the Recycle Bin. Which were in fact files I use for the sim game. They are tracks and car skins and config files. Recovering files and using them should be ok, right? The program I used stated all files were in very good condition.

I'm thinking it's just from not OC'ing properly.

You didn't overclock enough to make data corruption. I would say it was the file recovery. And don't let your friend OC it. I doubt he really knows that much. Just read the tutorials and listen to our advice. Overclocking isn't hard, it just takes patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom