Can I OC with a 650w power supply?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vid s the amount of Volts your cpu needs to boot..... Lower Vs means less heat, and more room to boost the Vcore to be stable.

Check the bios and check to see if the multi is at 9. Set it at 9 if it's not.
Also i read that guide, there is 2 others that might need disabling.

already checked it..it was at 9.

It's weird. I reset everything back to normal and disabled OC in the bios. I ran the cpuz agian and it is still doing it. It will be at 1700 something and 6x and then it will jump to 2500 something and show 9x. Is anyone would be willing to chat I can do that. Just let me know...don't have anything installed just but will take only a second

OK I will go try that now. LOL I've been waiting for someone to reply! I will report back in just a few moments.

Ok I did not see anything called C1E support. Is this something in the Overclock menu?

I change it back to manual OC. Here is the settings I have changed:

Speedstep: Disabled
Ratio CMOS x9.0
CPU: 290
Retry: 3
FSB (Bsel) 1066 (should I increase this to 1333?)
FSB Compensation Fine Tune: Disabled
DRAM: DDR2 870 MHz
Enchanced Mode: Auto
Memory Test: disbaled

I did not touch anything in: DRAM Timing, Clock Gen, CPU Config, Vlotage Config

CPUZ does the same thing. As I watch the app the core speed jumps from 1700's at x6 to 2500's x9 for a brief moment and back to 1700's.

When I look at 'Computer' on Vista I see this:

vista.jpg

C1E and EIST are enhanced speedstep features... they'll probably be in the "Advanced Features" section (im not sure on the BioStar boards)

also, to get a decent OC, you're gonna have to set your performance enhance (i think thats the enhanced mode you've listed there) to normal

Ok I will look into it. However I want to figure out why cpuz is showing me at 1.7 ghz for a moment and then 2.6 ghz for a blink of an eye and then back to 1.7??

I'm confused so is this ok? I disbaled speedstep. The C1E I am not sure where that is.

So what I am seeing is perfectly fine or no? Sorry I am just learning how to oc now so I'm very new to all this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom