Motherboard advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually the Asus board i have is really good quality, but customer service from Asus is **** poor compared to other providers.

I know nothing of biostar other than up until these p45's they were considered "cheap". Then they come out with 1 board that people are able to benchmark on, and all of the sudden its the 2nd coming. Personally i prefer to stick with companies that i know are tried and true. With evga i have had to rma 1 board and done what? 6 stepups, and all have been flawless customer service.

Evga may have good support but aside from x58's all of their boards use nvidia chipsets which is a huge drawback in my opinion. I would buy a board based off of its abilities rather then solely because it has good support.

If you don't want a Biostar you could get a Gigabyte p45, they are also good overclockers and i haven't heard anything bad about their support.

I know nothing of biostar other than up until these p45's they were considered "cheap". Then they come out with 1 board that people are able to benchmark on, and all of the sudden its the 2nd coming. Personally i prefer to stick with companies that i know are tried and true. With evga i have had to rma 1 board and done what? 6 stepups, and all have been flawless customer service.

I think that's a little harsh. I have a Biostar TP45 (the model below the I45) and I love it. The two biggest complaints about it is part placement which is mostly opinion, I happen to love it, and the color of the components. If that is the only bad things that you can say about it then I would put it towards the top.

There are far worse things I can say about Nvidia based boards and ASUS mobos in general.

The only Nvidia board I consider decent right now is the 750iFTW and its performance is comparable to an old P35, which cost about half what it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom