Boot Disk failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

rneTightEnd

Solid State Member
I am building my first pc. I am faced with a problem i cant solve. Im trying to load Windows XP but it never wants to start to install. i keep getting the message "boot disk failure, please install the system disk and press ENTER" I have tried inserting every disk that came with the computer and none seem to work

I might not be doing something right but when i turn the computer on and it goes through the POST screen it says that message at the bottom of the screen.

PSU:350 watts
CPU: Celaron 2.8 gigahertz
MOBO:VIA p4XB-SA
HD: Wester Digital 120GB
VIDEO: GEFORCE 5900 XT
FLOBBY: 1.2MB
CD:LTN 403
CD-RW:LG CD-RW CDD, 8082B

Any ideas?

You need to go into the BIOS and make your CD-ROM drive the first boot device to install XP. It's looking at your HD and seeing no Operating System and that's why you're getting that message.

i went into the advance BIOS settings and changed the boot order so it says that the CDrom is the first boot device. But it still giving me that message. Any ideas?

You should make sure that you Windows XP disk isnt just an upgrade, because that doesnt have the full boot sequence that you need to start a new system. And if you do have the Full Install than I dont know what to tell you... Check you CD-ROM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom