IggyG's first time building log

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to go with a regular mother board after reading this post from Static 11 and some aditonal research:"As mentioned above, SLI and Crossfire is the ability to have two of the same video cards operating on your computer. It pretty much just splits the screen in half and gives each card half of it. When doing this, you will probably not be as pleased or surprised by the performance. I, personally, am against SLI and Crossfire because I think it's a waste of money for only a 50% increase in performance."

As I stated before my total budget is $1200 or $1500 with a monitor.
What would be your top 3 recomendations for mother boards if I was to go with Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale 3.16GHz or Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz?

Also, what should be choosing next? Case, PSU something else?
You have been grate help so far guys. Keep it up:D

Yes, since its still a great board. Besides if you ever decide you want to overclock in the future you will be able to.

Yes, that is a great card. I believe that is one of the 4850's with good cooling... I'll wait for someone else to confirm it though.

You don't need extra cooling if you aren't overclocking. The CPU you picked out is a Retail version, so it will come with a CPU cooler. You could upgrade to a better one, but it is not really necessary if you're not overclocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom