Motherboard advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

VampD

In Runtime
So I'm interesting in building a computer for a friend and he wants a pretty high powered system. Something along the lines of 2 SLI GTX 260s or 2 CF 4850s/4870s, can anyone recommend any good SLI or CF mobos? ( newegg links appreciated ) I'm guessing P35 is no longer the new mobo chipset thats being recommended now adays.

I would get the Biostar I45. I don't recommend going with sli because nvidia's chipsets are generaly inferior to their intel competitors.

evga 750i FTW with 2 evga gtx260s. The evga 750i ftw is one of the better overclocking boards out there and does not have the same issues as the older 680i boards. God help you if you ever need warranty service on a product from asus.

The reason none of those were mentioned is Biostar pulled off a major upset with the I45, which holds the world record for the highest fsb at ~725mhz and will run a 600+mhz fsb on air cooling. Last time I checked a sli board that costs about twice as much (790i) couldn't even do that.

i didnt want to make a new thread about mother boards so i thought i'd add this here. what would you guys recomend?

this
Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TPower I45 LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
or????

That's what I recommended (most are too lazy to type Tpower when you recommend the board so many times haha)

What is the differance between all of them? How come no ASUS or Gigabyte recommendations?

Rampage is Asus.. but the Biostar's are really creaming the rest on the Board market..

Also Asus is kind of crapping in terms Board Quality

hmm Im still pretty confused when it comes to all these mobo chipsets, northbridges, and mobo OC capabilities :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom