COD5 DX question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad711

Daemon Poster
real quick, I installed a new mobo today. Well before I did I had the beta running on Vista and I never got this error that every one else got with DX9.

"This application has failed to start because d3dx9_37.dll was not found.
Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

I never installed DX9 on Vista, I have DX10. Well now I installed new mobo and I am on Vista again just like before and I am getting this error.

Any ideas why I didnt get it the first time but I am now getting it?

Do I need DX9? Can you run DX9 and DX10 together? How does the game know which one to run?

Thanks. However I was wondering if I really need DX9. It ran before on Vista as I stated. I wanted to have my other questions answered about DX9 before installing. Can you help me there?

Thanks bud

Yes installing that DirectX Runtime package won't affect your DX10 installation currently. Many people have the same problem you aren't alone.

what is with M$ site downloads going so freaking slow lately? Ive had to download a few things from there the last few days and every one is SLOOOOOOOW!

I'm still confused though. Is that link I downloaded DX9 or just some sort of files that fix my issue? If it is DX9 how does a game that supports DX10 know which one to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom