Newbie out of necessity

Status
Not open for further replies.

craig

Solid State Member
hey folks, awesome site here. I biult a system yesterday and Im having trouble trying to get this killer system up and running. All hardware works fine...chip, fan and the graphics card (ati radeon 9700 pro) and the sound blaster live card.

I built a msi Neo2 MOBO w/ dual cahnnel memory (two 512 chips)Im not sure sure why now after I wiped my drive and reinstalled everything from scratch, I cannot play and games at all...it lags hard and locks up...I reinstalled every driver that it could possibly be... no help. ATI support sucks dong and im out of ideas. can someone please help me figure out what to do next.

-eGG

-MSI 865PE Neo2-P MOBO
-Memory: 1 Gig dual channel ram (two 512)
-Cpu: Intel P4 3.04 Ghz
-Windows XP home w/ Service Pack 2
-Radeon 9700 Pro
-SB live audio card

Welcome...

Since I'm also new here. I have had similar problems when I built my new pc. have you gone and did all the updates at microsoft and everything. it might seem obvious and stuff but I didn't have internet at the time and my comp was acting slow and wouldn't play games right are you up to date the the patch from MS...

Again sorry if I'm way behind on your problem but I thought I would put in my two cents...

Yeah, I updated every driver possible....I got the newest windows patch (service pack 2) and latest ati drivers, mobo drivers, and SB live drivers too. It sucks bad man ill be playing along for about 3 minutes and all the sudden I simply freeze up...then my VPU report pops up saying it has to shut down the puter.

what games is it and or version is it is it a game you used on your old pc and how old is your old pc if it was a 98. There are some games that won't play on newer systems... or I had a game that would let me play for about 30 - 60 mins. then it would blink out and go back to the desktop with no error message. (see side note) that game was a D&D version like baulders gate but newer another side note is that I had troble with baulders gate too. I thinking it could be the cd do other games do that of is it just this one game... get back to me

Later Stotan

Sidenote: I thought It was because I didn't have the newest patches and drivers for my comp I didn't have internet then so I had to wait .. any who back to your problem

EDIT: have you done alot of installs was this your first? if its not is there any way maybe that while putting on the heatsink over the processor that you pressed down to hard and maybe cracked the processor? I don't really know how hard you would have to push but I did't it once but I had a warrenty and told then it was like that when I took it back that was freaking cool (hahaha) anyway just another thought.

Glab to be aboard. :)

yes Stotan, this is my first complete build, but I was very careful w/ the processor, (i had a bad experience with antoher one time) it cant be that, everything else works, but when I do something graphically intense, like playing city of heroes, battlefield vietnam, and doom 3 it bombs.

Issue resolved...it was AGP apurature size. I had it set at 128, but it was supposed to be 64. thanks all for welcoming me :) ill be here alot i already know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom