*The Official Tech-Forums Super Pi 1M Rankings*

Re: Tech Forums Official SuperPi 1M Top List

good luck with that...
i had to press extremely hard on my 5000BE to break 30 seconds. extremely hard. im not saying it cant be done, just get ready to crank your cpu voltage and run ddr2 800 ram at the top of its ability. if you break 29 seconds i will be impressed for sure.

you guys are lame... old s939 opteron 146 eattin you guys alive.. shame on you

i'm going to buy an old opteron 150 to smite you all

=) alright well thanks for the input guys,

im going with the 8200 chipset, its cheaper, and i'll only be using it for a few weeks anyway

what do u think of this one?

Newegg.com - Open Box: MSI K9N2G Neo-FD AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 8200 ATX AMD Motherboard

its only 54 bucks, but it IS open box, and i dont want to have to wait 3 months to recieve it. *i've had bad experiences with online sites selling me OUT OF STOCK items, that clearly are labeled "in stock" on the website*

Newegg is the best online retailer in the us....open box can be many things.

well its just the motherboard by itself in a brown or white box

i dont care, i can download the drivers from the MSI website.

i just dont want to accidentally buy an out-of-stock motherboard again....

(the grand total with shipping included from newegg comes to 136, as opposed to the 199 for the 780g chipset, so i think its a better deal)

im still looking around, but im getting close to the end of the line for my price range=P

dont worry newegg wont screw you over...they are very reliable and will work with you.

yeah well 95% of the time i love newegg, because the warehouse is about 2 hours from my house!, so i get everything over-night=) even if i choose 5 day ground shipping..

alright i've decided on the MSI board, and since im saving 30-40 bucks on the board itself, i'll step up the processor to a 6000+ or a 6400+ be

yeah well 95% of the time i love newegg, because the warehouse is about 2 hours from my house!, so i get everything over-night=) even if i choose 5 day ground shipping..

alright i've decided on the MSI board, and since im saving 30-40 bucks on the board itself, i'll step up the processor to a 6000+ or a 6400+ be

warehouse is 20 min from my house... lol :)

next day shipping pretty much all the time!!!

=) same with me, nosboost, (but if you notice, we also get charged 8-10 bucks for tax=)

some people said the 780g is better than the geforce 8200 (thats hd3300 onboard vs gf 8200 onboard), according to the benchmarks i've seen they are pretty much the same, and they are much more expensive than i want to spend

so i compromised with myself, and got the 780v (hd3200 or hd3100 not sure which)
is Foxxcon any good?, i may end up getting the MSI Open Box board instead.

they are close to the same price, but the foxxcon has the drivers included....

im not sure, if Foxxcon makes decent motherboards then its fine, but if they dont i'll get the msi isntead

Back
Top Bottom