Laptop displays with VGA monitor but not its own screen!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzpwnage

Beta member
I am currently on my laptop right now. A few days ago it crashed, my screens backlight works but when i turn it on i only get the black screen and the back light, everything else works fine and i am connected to a VGA monitor, this was after i had installed a new display driver, i have currently installed a new one from HP, This is the brand of notebook i have, the only problem is i on can look at windows on the monitor. I have vista ultimate 64 bit and have a core duo with and invidia 7600 go series videocard. Please help i want to use my computer without this blasted monitor.
I have done a restore point and a repair program to no avail my only option is a full restore :(

***I also get a blue screen when trying to boot up normally saying that the system tried to reset the display driver but failed.

uninstall the driver and reinstall the one that worked previously.

ill try and get back to you

That did not work, im going to take it to geek squad or another PC tech person, seeing as ive done everything i can think of and no results. ive system restored, i still have yet to reinstall the whole OS.

PLEASE DON'T TAKE IT TO FREAK SQUAD. They will charge you LITERALLY 300 dollars to reformat your hard drive.

My question to you is did you know the computer crashed? I mean ya the screen stopped working, but that doesn't mean the drive crashed. Maybe you need a new inverter or possibly a new screen. Heck, maybe you just need to reconnect the data cable from the monitor to the mainboard.

Try uninstalling the driver with Driver Cleaner Pro.

Driver Cleaner Professional download from Guru3D.com

Restart then install the driver that worked.

I will later but for now i have to go, ill be back tmmrw for an update thanks alot :D

PLEASE DON'T TAKE IT TO FREAK SQUAD. They will charge you LITERALLY 300 dollars to reformat your hard drive.

My question to you is did you know the computer crashed? I mean ya the screen stopped working, but that doesn't mean the drive crashed. Maybe you need a new inverter or possibly a new screen. Heck, maybe you just need to reconnect the data cable from the monitor to the mainboard.

Yea the backlight comes on but when it crashed the screen went black, kinda flickered i was moving it though, and then died.

300 buck, i believe that lol they are crazy idk thats a last resort.

Seriously, they will. Check their website for prices.

Look into having to replace the monitor. Bam see, free advice. See if you can hook another monitor up and it works, then your monitor needs to be replaced. Not a cheap fix, but better than guessing blindly.

Seriously, they will. Check their website for prices.

Look into having to replace the monitor. Bam see, free advice. See if you can hook another monitor up and it works, then your monitor needs to be replaced. Not a cheap fix, but better than guessing blindly.

Alright its an LCD screen built in, when i plug a VGA screen into the laptop it works, but the onboard screen doesnt...i think i shoudl jsut sell this and buy a new one.

I gotcha. Yes all laptops (well most) have the 15 pin VGA connector in the back. If you can connect that to an external monitor and the screen pops up and everything looks fine, your monitor or connectors may need replacement.

I usually tell customers if the computer is less than 2 years old it is usually cost effective to replace the monitor. If it is older than 2 years you can usually purchase an equal if not better computer for the same price that you may be purchasing the new screen for.

Check to see if your model is known for having any connection issues, some computer have inverters and connection problems that would be MUCH cheaper to replace than a new monitor.

Alright, i have an HP DV9000 BTW just to let you know ill go look that up later but i have to go for now, ill be back tmmrw if not the next day thanks lex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom