The Official NosBoost300 Overclocking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah... having it all sitting out on the bench there, the wires get a bit annoying... you could rig up a pretty sweet ghetto tech bench with a few hooks to keep all the cables in check for $20 tho... i used to have one going... its a bit dead now lol

hey bongwizard, draw me out a layout of how my loop should be

imma order 12 ft of tubing so i won't go through no more trouble.. my loop is only the way it is because i had no more tubing.. so i had to work with the sizes i had already... when i shoved my gpu in the loop.. i didnt order any more tubing like an idiot...

and, i did have my wires all fixed up... but some reason when i switched my outlet plug to my psu to another computer... my computer wouldnt boot and i had to redo all my wiring trying to find the problem.. so i left it looking like ***...

anyway.. question... buy loop number 2, or another gtx260...

if i get my gtx260... it will be aircooled for another week or so from the time i buy it

i wouldnt buy a second loop personally... if i was in your position, id look at building a homemade single stage phase system for the CPU and use the existing loop for both 260s... the phase system will perform way better than any straight WC loop (ie non-chiller) and should cost about the same as a good quality WC loop (around $550-600 here in oz... i havent looked at US prices, but they should be less than the equivalent... probably around US$300... not sure tho)

if you dont wanna do that, i'd keep the current setup and get the extra 260... you'll have to keep it on air for now, cuz you wont be able to handle the thermal load with a single loop, so you'll need another loop strictly for the GPUs if you wanna OC the second 260 very far... then if you want (after you've got the 2nd loop) you could switch the CPU loop to a water chiller (which is really an etho chiller... i dunno why people say water), but i find this is far less effective and actually more complex and prone to failure than a simple single stage system...

i'll go and draw that loop diagram now... its not gonna be real quality )i haven't got AutoCAD installed on this system since i changed OSes) but you'll be able to figure it out..

time for some paint!! lol

Seems like single stage phase ain't cheap but nice temperatures.

Single Stage Phase Unit - Dev Hardware

I would get it but my aunt wouldn't like one of those in her house.

that's a pretty good machine... a bit overpriced tho... but i suppose that's because he didnt build it himself... you can do -47C for about US$300... i'm gonna go look at prices now

here's your loop nos... dont mind the quality of the drawing lol

o8ru53.png

that'll spread the thermal load out so the GPU should get a bit colder... so you should be able to squeeze a few more MHz outta it

the gpu is already 43 at full load.... actually last night it was running 40c full load (folding@gpu client 2)

so.. gpu has no problem....

i'll probably order some more tubing and some y splitters tonite...

and you forgot to add in the t line :p

and explain this single stage phase unit to me.. i can't imagine only spending 300 dollars.. that just seems too low...

i'm definitely interested in a phase unit.. and have been for a long long while... but in terms of noise and power draw... it scares me

but i suppose a single stage can't be too bad

shipping.. will be 1/3 of the cost im sure....

it really depends how cold you wanna go... you can get a relatively cheap and quiet compressor for r134a which will take you down to -30C or R507a (mix of r125 and r143a... takes you to about -48C)... i cant find any prices on compressors in the US off the cuff... but really, a decent comp shouldn't cost too much (and that's the main expense here), go down to your local AC/Refrigeration shop and ask if they've got any medium or high back pressure hermetic compressors... the insulation, piping, condenser and filter shouldn't be that much either...

the hardest bit is the actual evaporator... you'll either have to make one yourself or get someone to mill one for you, which might cost a bit... but all together i'd estimate that it should be US$300-400, but as i said, im not sure on prices there

that sounds like alot of work dude.... lol

i do have a ac/frige shop nearby though

and i wouldnt have the slightest clue on how to put this all together.... lol...

sub zero temps would be nice though.. but it just seems like so much time and effort

i'll check xs and see what people have for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom