6800 Help......

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, the card was probably overheating because the fan cant turn without power, that might fix your problem

That might be because you DONT have a very GREAT PSU man, I already said that. Dont get mad if you get one and then find out it isnt the fixer either.

I have heard of these problems with BFG before. Your heatsink could be loose, fan could be loose. All kinds of things.

my fans and heatsink are on tight.......maybe its just the drivers...they need to come out with newer ones

Definately get a bigger PS and run 2 seperate power lines to the card with nothing else on them but the card.

its only the ultra that requires two seperate cards and with that they recommend atleast a 480w power supply. I just read a little up on your card and with the 128 you got basically the lower end of the 6800 family (lower still meaning kick ass though) but yeah, they say 300w recommend, I'd lean towards getting a 420w true power supply especially if you have other junk running. Right click on your desktop, go to properties, then go to settings, then at the bottom right click advanced, then click the name of your card and see if it says that you're running at AGP 8x and that it says 128mb memory. memory should be fine but definitely make sure its running at AGP 8x, I accidentally had a card in PCI Mode once =/ Just some suggestions. Also make sure your graphics aperture size is correct in your BIOS. 128-256 will be good

well.....i installed 66 drivers and i tryed farcry....still slow.......then i turned off Fast Wright......now i play with medium-high 1600x1200 2xAA 4xAF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom