PC Worth/ New System Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackmoore

Daemon Poster
I was within the next few weeks planning on changing out my CPU, Motherboard, Video Card, Maybe the Ram, and the Case for my computer. So I got to thinking why don't I just completely build a new system, since I am replacing all the major parts anyways. I was hoping to make those upgrades on a $600 budget. But now im thinking I should sell my current machine and go for a better system. So I need to know the worth of my current machine and a older pentium machine I have so I can try to sell them on eBay.

Current Machine:

Abit NF7-S Mobo
AMD Athlon XP 2600+
1 512Mb Stick of Samsung PC3200
1 512Mb Stick of Kingston Value Ram at PC3200
Segate 7200 60 GB HD
MSI GeForce FX 5600 128 Mb
SoundBlaster Live 5.1 (Not Really needed with the NF7-S onboard sound)
350 Watt PSU
Sony 16X DVD
LiteOn 24x16x40 CD-RW

Old Machine:

P4X-266 Mobo
Intel Pentium 4, 1.6Ghz
3x256 Mb of PC 2100 (Don't remember the brand)
Segate 7200 60GB HD
Chaintech GeForce4 MX 440 64Mb/TV Out
SoundBlaster Live 5.1
350 Watt PSU
Samsung 52X CD-Rom

I need to know the worth of these systems so I can try to sell them on eBay, and if they don't sell I know the parts themselves will hopefully.

Then if I can get these to sell, I figure I will have around $1000 plus or minus some. So I would like some opions on a gaming machine for around that much money. What you would build if you had that to spend ect... I don't need a monitor or a sound card.

I want a nice gaming machine. I don't need the "best" video card cause I can always use eVGA's step-up program.

Well, I would go for a AMD 64 3000+, Asus K8V-SE Deluxe or an Abit mobo, and a 9800 XT.

and i got about $627 on newegg.com

you also need some sufficient PSU stuff as well. Realistically it will cost more than $600 easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom