What was Thermaltake thinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theres too many similarities...you can easily tell that Thermaltake didnt design the case from scratch.

They just changed small stuff so it wouldint be an exact copy.

u guys are making a big deal out of nothing

there is only so much you can do with a mid-tower case to make it original..

theres not much space to work with in the first place

and another thing-- if it wasnt for the little curved top, we wouldnt even be discussing this because it would be 'completely' different

they WONT get sued, because there is only 1 front fan, (the top back metal grate isnt there), the fan design is different, there are more optical bays, the side of the case is designed differently..)

the ONLY thing thats the same is the fking top! and its not even the same, it looks completely different !... the over-all shape is the same

but everything else is different

"OOOO you made a case look like a circle... how DARE you, my case looked like a circle first!"

lol wtf.. everything INSIDE the circle is different....

you guys are freaking out over nothing...... take a second look.....

and like he said 'spot the difference'

I agree...a lot of discussion about something that really isn't that important, but is always fun to debate. :D I also agree that they won't be sued, the 900 has had it's day and there are so many knock offs and other cases with similar designs (not as blatant a copy as this one) that I can't see antec caring at this point. They made their buck off the 900.

I have to admit I disagree with how little you think there is of a similarity. True there are differences but of course there would be...they wouldn't do an exact knock off, not just for legal reasons but why would you when there is a chance to make some improvements on the design. After all, the 900 has its flaws. When I look at this case I see a blatant 900 knock off on aesthetics...would I buy it? Yes, i like coolermaster quality and I find they've improved on the design from the 900. I find this one smoother and less in your face and the interior looks to be much more user friendly. If I was looking for a sub $100 case I would consider this one now before the 900.

Anyways, much ado about nothing :p

Theres too many similarities...you can easily tell that Thermaltake didnt design the case from scratch.

They just changed small stuff so it wouldint be an exact copy.

why should you even care? its a case, its functional, well designed, and does what its supose to do.. and at a right price...

meh i see it this way many have comlained about the problems with the 900, they have never released a refresh for it as they normaly do with there cases with flaws. antec p180/2 for example, antec sonata 1 thru 3. with the age of the 900 they should have made atleast 1 more refresh instead of expanding there gaming series, so thermaltake took the initiative to do what antec hasnt which is design and improved antec 900 and imo it looks like a wicked case. id still go for the tempest tho. wit room for 2 internal 220 rads.

Good luck working out 10% of this :D

red led fans, 1 fan in the fron of the chasis, diferent dsigned front panel, side hard drive cages, the top tray thing has rounded courners not square, there is a fan hole in the mobo tray, looks to be to go behind the cpu smart idea imo. and the expantion slots have a diferent retaining method theres your 10% or more. oh and this case is paitned black inside stock. oh not to mention the antec 900 is originaly taken off the thermaltake armour and armour junior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom