Doing major Graphical Upgrade, help is greatly appreciated :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crysis is coded POORLY. It should not be looked at as a game you can max out.

Seriously.. I got Crysis again..

and still running at all low my overclocked HD 3200 does 15 FPS... ON AVERAGE and its not that fun either

On Normal Crapsis (as in lot Warhead) its Very High but that requires Vista.. most of us here use the Very High Hack for XP

You spelled it right...

Its not a matter of running at just enthusiast, you also have to worry about the res too...

A GTX 260 can do it on Warhead.. not Crysis though (well it can at lower Resolutions)

well i think they need to approve on this crytek engine or something, i remember when mercenaries came out, i dont know what it was but i think that game just took up to much resources to have good graphics, on my comp i could only run it in low, fallout 3 comes out, i can run it at medium with a couple settings turned up. Im actually a console gamer but im moving into the computer era also because of the whole windows live thing and such :)

The 9800 Gx2 will out perform the gtx 260 in Crysis all the time except on very high res (like 30" monitor). It was kind of odd, but in 2560 x 1620( I think), the 9800 Gx2 got 12 fps (not overclocked). In smaller res though, it beat the 260.

Acer Aspire 5920-6954 Laptop PC

Also, the cards are ranked like this:

1. HD4870 X2
2. GTX 280
3 9800GX2
4. HD4870
5. GTX 260

According to this site that is. In that video though, they tested it, and it showed the Gx2 did beat the 260 in Crysis in a res you would be playing at.

is the GTX 260 able to run it on enthusiast ? however you spell it, no AA or AF

the most yo could do and get decent framerates with a single 260 would be 1280x1024... if you go beyond that, you'll need more framebuffer than the 260 has available... you can squeeze a few more frames outta the memory with an OC, but to do 16x12 in enthusiast and get acceptable fps you'll need about 1.15GB of buffer, which you wont get in any modern card, so you'll need SLI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom