ASUS P6T DELUXE X58 Motherboard or Asus Rampage Extreme X48 Socket 775 Motherboard? ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ASUS P6T DELUXE X58 Motherboard or Asus Rampage Extreme X48 Socket 775 Motherboar

So almost 1000 for a CPU, ram, and board that won't clock much at all.

Re: ASUS P6T DELUXE X58 Motherboard or Asus Rampage Extreme X48 Socket 775 Motherboar

No, its still 45nm. And dye size doesnt necessarily increase overclockability. Increasing dye size does 1 of 2 things. 1) allows more transistors in the same amount of space 2) same transistor count in a smaller area. If you do #1, you actually increase the amount of heat being output by the chip. If you do #2, you reduce the cost of the chip.

45nm is cooler in comparison with the amount of work done. The Nehalem 45nm chips do more work so are actually hotter...

and with a 130W tdp downclock limit that makes ocing super lame-o

I'll stick with other 45nm chips. poo on nehalem

45nm is cooler in comparison with the amount of work done. The Nehalem 45nm chips do more work so are actually hotter...

the price is also ****** in australia so thats sumthin else i hate, prob becuase of the currency the 920 is $710 and the 960 is 2500!:eek: its just not practical atm.

You can turn the tdp downclock feature off, drwho? from XS has confirmed that you can turn them it off, THG just didn't read the manual.

You can turn the tdp downclock feature off, drwho? from XS has confirmed that you can turn them it off, THG just didn't read the manual.

On the extreme edition chips you can. Has anyone confirmed you can turn it off on the normal chips?

yes that feature can be disabled, anandtech and other sites have gone to 4GHz on the i920. The post is somewhere in the Core i7 Review thread

There is NO OVERSPEED protection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom