Intel Core i7 hits 5ghz (56k warning)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They need to show air cooling results, not extreme cooling.

Show me how high it can do with normal means of cooling (air/water) and fully stable 24/7 able to pass orthos/3dmark/super pi. Untill then i dont see this as very impressive.

Show me how high it can do with normal means of cooling (air/water) and fully stable 24/7 able to pass orthos/3dmark/super pi. Untill then i dont see this as very impressive.

i read another reveiw where the user hit 5 ghz on air... it was the ee but 5.1 none the less.

Agreed.

be warned the regular edition cpus have a maximum wattage limit at 130. so it all depends on the tdp cpu you get if you get a 70 wat youve got lots of room to go and work with but if you get a 110, you dont have much. intel got tired of people buying there regular edition cpu's and clocking them so high, not needeing an ee. my guesse the cause of this was the q6600 go, would explain why the newer chips barely clock at all. intel is trying to push enthusiast toward the ee edition, there is rumour this is going to hit the liquid cooling market aswell no one will buy liquid cooling if there chips are limited to a point where they arent even getting hot yet. from what i under stand my q6600 at 3.6 uses 130 wats of power.

be warned the regular edition cpus have a maximum wattage limit at 130. so it all depends on the tdp cpu you get if you get a 70 wat youve got lots of room to go and work with but if you get a 110, you dont have much. intel got tired of people buying there regular edition cpu's and clocking them so high, not needeing an ee. my guesse the cause of this was the q6600 go, would explain why the newer chips barely clock at all. intel is trying to push enthusiast toward the ee edition, there is rumour this is going to hit the liquid cooling market aswell no one will buy liquid cooling if there chips are limited to a point where they arent even getting hot yet. from what i under stand my q6600 at 3.6 uses 130 wats of power.

No thats not true, THG messed up. It was a feature they didn't turn off, its been confirmed by other sites and overclockers that i920's are fully capable of hitting 4GHz no problem on air cooling.

ooh soudna nice a 4ghz nehalem would be oh so wnderfully delicious right now probably shoot me up to 21k. but im preaty sure my set up will handle any game for the next year or so. im glad to know this rig is almost celebrating its 1 year birthday with only 1 major upgrade really. and it should last me another year. its preaty ideal to be able to have a rig built to last 2 years with no trouble at all. i dotn suspect any games are going to come out that will man handle these, when they get 60fps solid with vsync on fall out 3 ultra high, and 4xaa. im going off to colledge in 7/8 months time anyway, if i buy my school camera now i can build a new rig then. i will have even more if i buy my macbook now aswell, i need a macbook id love to stay pc :(. i suspect i will have a gaming rig for the remainder od my life, and i vouch to never buy my kids a console by that time we will have intel core i 28.

^agreed consoles are gaming pcs with their balls cut off. A pc is much more versatile than a console. And for the price of a console and cheap pc you can have a gaming pc that will play more games and play them better.

Half the games on the 360 aren't even in 1080, they are just upscaled to look like 1080. what a load.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom