PCIE card won't recognise in Slot 1, but OK in slot 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antec-User

Papa Chester
???? :confused:

There's nothing in the bios for assigning PCIE GPU to a slot. (single 4870 1G)

I have 4 PCIE slots (CrossfireX board, ASUS M3A32 MVP Deluxe MoBo, w/ 790FXNB.) I did some case clean up and wire management yesterday and I moved my card to slot 1 instead of 2... Didn't get a display after the POST and OS Boot, so I moved it back to slot 2, un-installed the drivers for the card, then moved it back to slot 1... Same problem.. I'm getting tired of messing with these cards..

No display after POST and OS Boot... :confused: CMOS Reset?? I have a PCIE Config in the BIOS, but nothing to assign a primary.

Ideas??:confused:

Try that first and see how it turns out. Could just be that only the first slot is dead in which you have a faulty motherboard on your hands. You can then choose whether or not to RMA it.

Watch, this buggy SB has something to do with it. The NB and the rest of the board is great.. This SB sucks.

I'll try it eventually.. I'm tired of messin with this card shuffling business. I was just wondering if anyone had a quick fix they knew of, but I just don't have the patience for diagnostics now..

There aren't any quick fixes for motherboard hardware issues. And the SB doesn't control the PCI-E slots the NB does. SB controls PCI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom