*The Official Tech-Forums Super Pi 1M Rankings*

Re: Tech Forums Official SuperPi 1M Top List

My brother has the X2 4600+ @2.5ghz 89watts 90nm Version thats a Windsor but it still has only 1MB of L2 cache :(

Anyways he has like so many programs to speed up his pc and keep it virus free. So his pc is like super fast. Compared to mine @3.00ghz but I RARELY ever turn on my Virus Protection and when it comes to defragging.......... Forget about it lol.

I let the multiple re-installtions of Windows I do every month or 2 get me up to speed ;)

You dont defrag??

I use defraggler to defrag and registry mechanic to keep my windows install smooth.

=/ i still cant get any lower than 32

but im upgrading this skt 939 x2 3800+ soon

so i'll have a x2 5400+ BE, and a better board, with ddr2 800

hopefully that can bring me in to the 20's with a good overclock

=/ i still cant get any lower than 32

but im upgrading this skt 939 x2 3800+ soon

so i'll have a x2 5400+ BE, and a better board, with ddr2 800

hopefully that can bring me in to the 20's with a good overclock

lol no way you will get near 20.

not 20... in the 20s, that is to say 20.001-29.999s... you might be able to... but you'll need some pretty chronic OCing to get you there

hense the black edition, i got this 3800+ down from 47s, to 32s..

from stock to my max OC at 2.9ghz

im sure i can do it with this XFX geforce 8200 motherboard and x2 5400+ black edition cpu=)

i'll be sure and post a screen shot next week for you nay-sayers

and if this 5400+ black edition, new motherboard, better ram, CANT beat my skt939 3800+ with a cheap-o Asus board and DDR400,.

i have serious issues=)

its the fact that neither processor has much in the way of l2 cache which superpi eats up. which is why the core2's are so good at it because they have nice amounts of it which sets the bar really low and clock speed just gets lower times. there's no way you can get under 20 and if you can get under 28 I'll be very surprised.

You'll need around 3.3ghz on the proc to get to 28 (ish) seconds. so you'll need some nice cooling and a good oc'ing board with lots of bios options.

Back
Top Bottom