Core i7 doesn't produce good results in gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

[t..o..m]

I can't brain today
Check this out

[H] Enthusiast - Intel Core i7 and Gaming

Pretty much no performance increase for gaming. I think I will be sticking with my E8200. With the cost of buying the i7, new MB, new tri slot RAM... I don't think it is quite worth it yet

I know it's only just come out and optimisation has to happen blah blah blah, but at the moment there is no real point to move to this new technology.

Well actually we knew this a while ago... Intel said back then it was a driver issue to cover it up... but it depends on the situation, some its a heavy drop, some its a slight gain...

But right now its not worth it (maybe in the future it will be worth it.. albeit right now its not worth it..)

If I upgrade any time soon to an Intel (most likely not..) I'd get an e8400 and a TP45HP board..

But I'll probably stick with buying an AMD as I don't have to replace the board and if Deneb wins

It is also because not all games are optimize to use all four cores. Thats why you see us recommending the E8xxx if you going to game a lot than a Q6xxx/Qxxx. Of course nothing is worth buying when it just came out (wasn't suppose to release yet until next week). It is like GPUs, we need to wait for better drivers to get most of it and the prices are too high. GPUs at $600 when they are release after a few months they are below $300 like the 9800GX2.

^^^

No offense but you have yet to build a system so i think you need to chill out.

This was already known beforehand....only time will tell if they get better or not.

edit: if i come off as being rude dont take it personal...but its kinda hard to take advice from someone who has no actual experience in system building/overclocking.

^^^

No offense but you have yet to build a system so i think you need to chill out.

This was already known beforehand....only time will tell if they get better or not.

edit: if i come off as being rude dont take it personal...but its kinda hard to take advice from someone who has no actual experience in system building/overclocking.

I'm cool. But how does me not having to build a system yet have to do with nothing is worth buying yet?

I guess the point I was trying to make is people on these forums keep saying 'just wait till the i7 cpu's come out to update you computer' etc etc. When in fact the initial release of these processor's won't produce much of a performance increase.

The price/performance ratio is totally not worth the investment. In the future im sure these processor's will be in great demand, but I don't think they are worth holding off buying Core 2 systems right now.

I'm cool. But how does me not having to build a system yet have to do with nothing is worth buying yet?

I dunno man in all honestly theres plenty of good deals going around.

You can get started with a basic build, but get all the core components you wanna keep (case, power supply, harddrives, gpu) and then switch out cpu, mobo and ram later on.

Not a bad idea to get started with a basic build, and get the high end components after youve tested the waters with oc'ing and gotten a feel for it. And you said you have a P4...pretty much anything is better than that.

It is also because not all games are optimize to use all four cores. Thats why you see us recommending the E8xxx if you going to game a lot than a Q6xxx/Qxxx. Of course nothing is worth buying when it just came out (wasn't suppose to release yet until next week). It is like GPUs, we need to wait for better drivers to get most of it and the prices are too high. GPUs at $600 when they are release after a few months they are below $300 like the 9800GX2.

nope nope NOPE NOPE NOPE

don't throw the "2 core vs 4 core " here...nehalem has a built in self-overclocking thing that will power down unused cores and self overclock the others to meet the needs..........read it somewhere

nehalem seems good but it'll cost you about $500-600 more for a nehalem build over a regular duel/quad build

not all people use their rigs only for games
I can see your point. but still
who DOESN'T want the latest, cool sounding, shiny new technology and be the coolest kid on the block?
huh?

nope nope NOPE NOPE NOPE

don't throw the "2 core vs 4 core " here...nehalem has a built in self-overclocking thing that will power down unused cores and self overclock the others to meet the needs..........read it somewhere

nehalem seems good but it'll cost you about $500-600 more for a nehalem build over a regular duel/quad build
That's nice, didn't know that.
not all people use their rigs only for games
I can see your point. but still
who DOESN'T want the latest, cool sounding, shiny new technology and be the coolest kid on the block?
huh?
Only if you have money to spend on anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom