What is the difference between these cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
there is no difference ecept for the evga ones, they only are factory overclocked. the superclocked is cheaper then the ssc because the ssc is overclocked higher then the superclocked.

what it really comes down to when picking what brand to get is the warranty. evga and xfx have the best ones. both cover overclocking, and both are lifetime. xfx lets u transfer the warranty if u ever sell ur card to someone. evga has the 90 day stepup program, meaning if u want a differnt and better card u can send urs back to evga and pay the difference in the price. evga also covers taking off the stock heatsink if u ever wanted to replace it with a aftermarket one(but if u damage the card in anyway while taking the stock on off they wont cover it, like pulling off a ram chip when taking the heatsink off...)

So the only reason the pny one is cheaper is because it isn't overclocked? The others are all overclocked, excluding the one that is only superclocked? This would mean that it would perform as well as the other cards if I overclocked it myself? Also, how much better is that radeon HD 4870 x2 than these cards? And, is the diamond version the best of them?

the pny kfa2 and xfx are all at there defalt clock, the evga ones are overclocked. and yes it would overclock the same if u over clocked them, and the 4870x2 is alot beter then the gtx 280 and no, visiontek is the best brand, they are the only one that offers a lifetime warrenty

How come there are different brands of the exact same card? I mean, shouldn't nvidia just sell all of their cards themselves and get all the profits or are those just subdivisions of nvidia? Also, if the evga is the overclocked version, how come it is the same price as like the xfx and the others? Finally, is the hd 4870 x2 better enough that the performance it gains over the 280 is worth the extra hundred dollars? Well, I guess a few more questions, do radeon cards work with mobos optimized for intel prcoessors, or do you have to get amd or something? Seriously last one, how much would that card be expected to come down in price between now and February. My 18th birthday will be coming up, and if it comes down at all, I might be able to get it. I don't normally get stuff as expensive as a set of pc parts, but this will be my 18th, and I am going to get the parts I need to build my own pc. I wouldn't feel right asking for a $550 card though.

nvidia makes the chips(the actual gpu) and the design and the other companies make the cards that just the way its always been, ati is the same way with there cards.

idk why its priced the same it just is. sometimes newegg and tiger direct will sell evga cards for less cuz thats what most people buy.

youll have to look up the performance differences yourself and decide if its worth the extra money

ati cards with with intel processors and motherboards

it will drop for sure, no one knows how much though yet...

also u might look into getting the gtx260 core 216, if its overclocked some it can beat a 280 and cost alot less

Right now I am just expanding my knowledge base. I'm going to be building a new comp in February.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom