*The Official Tech-Forums Super Pi 1M Rankings*

Re: Tech Forums Official SuperPi 1M Top List

its a decent architecture... but because of its design (using QPI... and they're all quads) its not gonna be a great OCing platform... but the parallelism nehalem has will help out alot in multithreaded applications, which there arent many of now, but this should drive multithreading, so in a year or 2 (when Westmere comes out) you'll probably wanna upgrade

^^ The EE Bloomfield will do 5ghz. I would consider that pretty good overclocking.

apparently fugger got 5.4 outta a 965

thats only about a 65% OC (which really isnt bad, but i can almost do that with the locked multi of a q9300), whereas the qx9650 will do over 110% OC

EDIT: also, with non EEs, you cant up the multi and the bus wont OC much beyond 210-220MHz, so you'll be limited to about 4.6-4.8GHz on a 940, but thats still a decent OC for a quad core

apparently fugger got 5.4 outta a 965

thats only about a 65% OC (which really isnt bad, but i can almost do that with the locked multi of a q9300), whereas the qx9650 will do over 110% OC

EDIT: also, with non EEs, you cant up the multi and the bus wont OC much beyond 210-220MHz, so you'll be limited to about 4.6-4.8GHz on a 940, but thats still a decent OC for a quad core

If you look at the cooling in the QX9650, it isn't the same like what FUGGER used. Why do we care so much about OC %. Look at the SuperPi, a quad can beat a dual core. Also in CPU score. Do you only care about OC than performance.

Who here actually plans on buying a Core i7?

Ya.. if Deneb completely fails and I have the urge to upgrade then I'll go to Intel....

But I most likely I'll probably pick up a Deneb and possibly upgrade my GPU to like a 5800 series (but this won't be for another 9-11 months

not until i see some concrete overclocking and performance numbers and not until i am sure the q9650 (or a qx9770 lol) wont be cheaper (for total upgrade...cpu, mobo, ram).
i keep hoping to see something fantastic from AMD so i can switch back to them.

I'll gladly take your Q9450 off your hands when you do :p

Back
Top Bottom