ASUS P6T DELUXE X58 Motherboard or Asus Rampage Extreme X48 Socket 775 Motherboard? ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shyam Bhat

Beta member
Which is better?

The ASUS P6T DELUXE X58 Motherboard or The Asus Rampage Extreme X58 Socket 775 Motherboard?

Thanks

Re: ASUS P6T DELUXE X58 Motherboard or Asus Rampage Extreme X48 Socket 775 Motherboar

The Rampage Extreme is socket 775 and will work with Core 2's while the P6T is socket 1366 and will only work with Core i7 cpu's.

It depends if you want to use Core 2 or Core i7.

Re: ASUS P6T DELUXE X58 Motherboard or Asus Rampage Extreme X48 Socket 775 Motherboar

I would not bother getting i7 at this point in time....

I would not bother getting i7 at this point in time....

For you there would be no point since you have a yorkie at 4.3GHz.

It'll be a big upgrade from this tablet that I've been using.

now is a horrible time to buy i7... mobo choice is only UUber high end and nothing less.... chips are going to be overpriced on launch... and we're still waiting on lower volted ram so we don't kill these things

There is no point in going to I7 if you have a quad or Yorkfield already. The I7's don't really offer that much more performance in gaming. But they have a big boost in performance over the Penyrn's in 3D rendering.

expect to spend ~1000 for CPU/MOBO/6GB DDR3-1600

You guys are forgetting these don't really overclock unless you get the Extremes.

So much i7 hate. It still has 2 weeks left before its "officially" released. The numbers are all over the place also. One thing i like about it is that i can buy an EVGA motherboard with x58 chipset. Guru3d was showing a pretty good improvement on multi gpu setups. But atm, look for it to be around 300-400 for a board, 250ish for memory and another 300 for the 2.6ghz chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom