Broke my HD3850!!! NOOOOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichM499

Daemon Poster
thank god i saved this 7600gs...

lol i was cleaning dust out of my case and somehow i broke off one of the capacitors putting it back in (wups...)

unfortunately i dont have any extra caps that are this size, (and i cant RMA because i bought it from a no-name doo-doo site..)

so, now i need another 3850 AGP for the next few months untill i get my AM2+ upgrade (cmon, i JUST bought farcry2, i dont want to run it on this 7600gs..... its not even half as powerful as the 3850 i had)

so i just had a HIS Radeon HD3850 IceQ (factory overclocked version with a shiny bright UV LED)

and now i need another 3850 of some kind,

anyone know good sites to get it? other than tigerdirect and newegg

For one capacitor, just buy a new one of the same type online and solder it on...if the one you broke off wasn't physically ruined, you should still be able to solder it back on. If it's a common type, you can probably get something to replace it with at RadioShack.

aw man, I hate it when that happens, trust me, I've had my fare share of broken capacitors and resistors and whatnot. Now, you really don't need to go off buying a new one for something as simple as a capacitor. If I was able to solder those two resistors back on to my 8800GTS, no reason why you wouldn't be able to manage something much larger like a capacitor, as long as it's in good condition

well, re-soldering the capacitor didnt work, and i really dont feel like screwing around with it anymore

im good with a soldering iron, and i'll continue to try to fix this one,

but in the mean time i'll get another, and use this as a backup

i collect extra parts anyway

so taht when i DO upgrade, i have 2-3 complete systems to sell so its not so expensive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom