My setup thus far :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nubius said:
ALSO you could....ummm.......actually I have nothing to say I'm more jealous that you can just throw down money like that when i gotta work a month just to spend $250 on computer parts. Bastard!

HEY, i invest in the stock market! how do you think i can afford that system im planning?

. . .

well, my dad does, and i just ask if i can give him some of my money to invest. . .

haha I'm trying to edit as fast as I can! :)

No no, all this input is EXACTLY what I was hoping for.

I remember reading an article saying although Prescott gets hotter, it's a better chip and can be oc'd much more stable?

I don't NEED 200gb of "storage" so I changed it to 160. I don't store all that much.

I'm a littttle confused. To help you and me out this is what I looking to do. Able to read DVD's, Able to read CD's. Able to burn dvd's and burn CD's. I would like fast rates for both. I would also like to make copies of CD's and DVD's. But obviously I made a mistake somewhere? Could you reccomend two drives that I should get?

I think I will stick with ATi. I have read numerous articles. It seems the 6800 ultra is better than the x800 pro, but better than the x800 xt...ehh I donnooooo :).

I switched from getting the 3.4ghz to the 3.2e prescott b/c I heard its better. I did not see a 3.2e northwood if there is such a thing. I did see a 3.2c but I'm not sure what that is.

If you could also tell me what fast speeds to look for in a fan is because I really have nooo idea.

Thanks for all the input so far!

haha if you were talking to me than you have the wrong man. I"m not just throwing down money. I am 15 and I have saved for about 5 years. plus 3 years of learning hebrew for my barmitzvah to get more money. You have no idea how much I want this! :)

want this --> NEED THIS***

there is no 3.2e northwood . . . the "e" signifies prescott . . . northwood is "c"

also, the nec that has 16x DVD+R w/ 4X dual layer is :

16x DVD+R, 4x DVD+RW, 4x DVD DUAL LAYER, 16x DVD-R, 4x DVD-RW, 48x CD-R, and 24x CD-RW (all really fast)

read speeds are : 48x CD-ROM, 16x DVD-ROM

also all good

also, trust me man . . . 6800GT is the way to go . . . x800 xt pe just can't handle doom3

itz much better for him 2 get an AMD CPU. i suggest u get a 939 socket CPU and mobo. itz much better and worth it for gamin. also suppoertz dual channel ddr.

psht, but still thats a ton of money......I don't think I ever would have accumulated that much from 10-15, but I also am not jewish and didn't get to sucker everyone out of their cash at a barmitzvah! hehe I'm just kidding...I suppose if I wouldn't have spent so much money or marijuana perhaps I'd have a better computer =) Oh well.....both product bring happiness muahahaha

well, i dont spend my money all over the place . . . i do A LOT of research on products and prices before i buy . . . like i got the logitech mx duo for $59 from a RETAIL STORE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom