$1200 - When to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then what the **** do you do with a Nehalem? o_O

Haha, I need to clarify what I am asking.

I am going to get the Q9550, but do I pay the $319 now, or do I wait for it to drop in price after Nehalem is released. And if I decide to wait, when should I expect that to happen.

The question is based on the fact that after each new release, the previous models drop in price.

i vote for wait cuz when i built my pc if i would have waited a week i would have saved a boat load of money, also i for got to say congrats for completing ur student teaching position.

i vote for wait cuz when i built my pc if i would have waited a week i would have saved a boat load of money, also i for got to say congrats for completing ur student teaching position.

Still a month of solo teaching to go, but thank you!

:)

The one thing I have going for me is that I am not going to be ordering anything until the second week of December. Hopefully I will get lucky and it will drop by then.

Dude, just wait, because you won't even use a Nehalem, unless your freaking watching pr0n0, playing Crysis, virusscanning, forumming.... Holy **** You can do all of that with a Q9550!! Aww too bad, I ran out of ideas.. :/

...Well I guess you can launch a spaceshuttle, but that's like not enviormentally healthy.

there are other benefits of getting a nehalem besides just the cpu. there is the new motherboards+chipsets, new socket, nehalem takes advantage of ddr3 unlike anything else... also the downside of getting a q9550 is if u ever want a new cpu in future thats better ur prollly gonna be limited to a q9650 or somthign cuz non of the new cpu's will work on lga 775 socket motherboards cuz the nehalem will be the i7 or w/e the new socket is

there are other benefits of getting a nehalem besides just the cpu. there is the new motherboards+chipsets, new socket, nehalem takes advantage of ddr3 unlike anything else... also the downside of getting a q9550 is if u ever want a new cpu in future thats better ur prollly gonna be limited to a q9650 or somthign cuz non of the new cpu's will work on lga 775 socket motherboards cuz the nehalem will be the i7 or w/e the new socket is

The problem is I am a firm believer in finding the best price/performance components... and generally that means 2nd generation stuff. Do you think I could get a nehalem with one of the new boards and still stay under 1200?

The problem is I am a firm believer in finding the best price/performance components... and generally that means 2nd generation stuff. Do you think I could get a nehalem with one of the new boards and still stay under 1200?

i really couldnt tell u like i said im really not up to par on what there prices will be, but i do know that the 2.66 version is being preordered over in uk for £229.99 and since this is the US the price will be a bit lower prolly making it somewhere around 400 when it first comes out, also keep in mine this 2.66ghz nahalem will beat a current gen 3.2ghz in anything. also there preorder eta date is marked 11/14 so we might find out in 2 weeks what the us price is and im almost 100% positive that the current get cpu's will get a big price cut right around when they come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom