680i NB temp reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
the problem i always had with speedfan is i couldnt understand the readings...

core1 and core2 never corresponded to my core temps (it was always off from coretemp by about 10c!)

and then its got about 9 different temps, that arent labeled properly..

.. i'd like to find a good program to monitor NB also though.

i wonder if thats whats causing my file corruption on the 80gig when i overclock

for a 680i?
ive used these for about a year now on my evga 680i A1 w/o a problem(remember ur cpu vcore and memory voltage will be different):
thx mgcook for the pic agin ive used it many times lol
mattspictures304io3.jpg

well sence all ur hd's run though south bridge i dont think it would be ur nb causing it

AH!

it doesnt have a heatsink on the southbridge.....

any ideas how i can modify one of my old motherboards north or southbridge sinks to stick to this southbridge and conduct fairly well? (i can get grease, but actually getting it to stick is the hard part)

EDIT-

well touching it with my finger its not even close to warm.

and the heatsink actually fits perfectly, i got it off of an old NF3 motherboard i had laying around

i guess its just a frequency problem or something i dont know

you'll probably find its a boot problem... when you attempt to boot with an OC that is too big for your rig to handle, you may get halfway through booting to Windows before the rig collapses... occasionally this can cause data corruption in the system partition, which may cause your OS to fail... although it could also be your memory, SB, SATA controller, the HDDs themselves... or even your expansion slots (unlikely... but possible)

the memory is fine according to prime95, so is the CPU

the HDD is brand new WD 320g
and i have 2 identical motherboards sitting here so i doubt both of them have faulty items

it seems its just the mobo cant handle the overclock ,

(its running fine at 2.8ghz now, but i get random problems, like downloads dont complete all the time, most times they do but somtimes they mess up. and occasionally i cant install programs without kicking it down to stock settings first)

but for gaming, its running fine=P played CoD4 for about 4 hours last night, and i didnt have any issues...

so its really weird..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom