Air flow improvements ( Need Advice )

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ He has 3 8800gt's, two of them are just in another system for folding. I think rican was planning on upgrading to a 9800gx2 or GTX 260 also.

^^ He has 3 8800gt's, two of them are just in another system for folding. I think rican was planning on upgrading to a 9800gx2 or GTX 260 also.

I thought it was general concensus that a 9800 gx2 is really expensive and just generally not worth it?

the 9800gx2 actually performs quite well for what it costs (but only in games that really support SLI)... but a gtx 260 (core 216) is far better value

Thats right, im torn between 9800GX2 or the core 216. I think ima get the a new case and cpu cooler first, then ill upgrade the gpu.

I thought it was general concensus that a 9800 gx2 is really expensive and just generally not worth it?

See you havent really been keeping up with hardware cause they can be found for $300 or less brand new. EVGA had b-stock 9800GX2's for $200.

the 9800gx2 actually performs quite well for what it costs (but only in games that really support SLI)... but a gtx 260 (core 216) is far better value

In games with no SLI support it still performs like a 9800GTX, but drivers have really came along way since it released. Most games take advantage of the dual G92 cores and it performs excellent in them.

I have that and it sucks....you need better active cooling on the gpu itself.

A dinky pci slot fan aint gonna do crap.

I have that and it sucks....you need better active cooling on the gpu itself.

A dinky pci slot fan aint gonna do crap.

hum well thats unfortunate :(

I'll consider your guys opinions and when I get back from my 2 week vacation in december ill have a new RMAed 8800 gtx that will last me for at least another 6 months. Currently the card can run all the games out pretty well so I'll give it at least another 6 months before I start considering my options and by then prices will go down. I really don't plan to sell the card, and $100 measely dollars means nothing to me when I paid a whopping $530 after MIR, plus I like having backup cards laying around ( which is why I kept my x800 xl back in the day ) and I don't currently have a PCI-E backup card.

I know its hard for you but hey it happens. Prices have already went down, and the more you wait the less your card will be worth.

I paid $215 about a year ago for an 8800GT which is now worth maybe $80. Guys were paying up to $275 for them when now with that much you can get a GTX class card. People paid over $600 for the 9800GX2 a few months ago when it can be found for half as much now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom