New laptop!

Status
Not open for further replies.

psp_crazy1

Daemon Poster
Hello TF, it's been a loong time :D

So yeah... I have a sony vaio laptop (dad's), and it started to not turn on, so my dad came to me with it, and I opened it up to reset the cmos (never found the battery...), and I told him we needed a new one. So we went out and bought a Toshiba Satellite a305. This thing is amazing. All for 630 with tax we got:

Core 2 Duo t7250 (I think), 2 ghz, 2mb cache, and I think 800mhz FSB
3GB ram
Vista of course
Intel X3100 onboard gfx (surprisingly alright, so I've heard...)
Probably the best laptop speakers I've ever had
15.4" screen (it's alright, though. Colors are vibrant, and screen is bright)
ect ect

but yeah, here's some pics

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x43/rLinks234/DSC07675.jpg
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x43/rLinks234/DSC07676.jpg

It's pretty light, too. It's like 5 pounds, I think.

So yea. I know there are better laptops, but 600 dollars. That's good, in my opinion.

nice. yeah those are pretty slick laptops. circuit city had a sale on a really nice lenovo for like 580 last week :/

only thing is toshiba's run hot.

This thing's running pretty cool. It's got a bar on the bottom, so it's angled, so there's better circulation. Oh well, you're probably still right. I still love it... I want to install HL2 and a few other games on it. I'm pretty sure I can play them on low/med at a lowish resolution.

Also, is my dad wanted to "confirm" that I was right about the vaio, and took it to a computer store (They're idiots, my friend said he worked there before and they just format everything...), and they said it was broken. We got it back, I reset the bios, and it's working.

Higher level service like that is beyond most Geek Squad-esque tech shops. They just blame it on the mobo usually. When I worked at Fire Dog it blew people's minds when I took stuff apart (gasp!) and checked internal connections, cmos, etc.

I don't know what itis .... It will tgurn on 1/20 of the times.... and when it does, it works perfect. When it doesn't, it freezes at the POST screen. It's not overheating (the monitor is very very hot, though), so I don't know what it is.

I can't find the CMOS battery on it... I opened it up and looked for it. There wasn't one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom