*The Official Tech-Forums Super Pi 1M Rankings*

Re: Tech Forums Official SuperPi 1M Top List

Brisbanes are 65nm and lower TDP I guess. So that explains why they should be able to overclock higher. That and the G2 stepping ;)

Anybody messed with the amd 45watt dual cores???

I bet them suckers can really oc nicely.

Oh and theres the 89watt 6000+ which runs at 3.1ghz already.

I've heard the X2 4850e's can hit 3.2ghz stable and remain unbelievably cool. While I have no clue whether or not the new 89 Watt 6000+'s can get any decent over clocks. If the new 89 6000+'s can oc past 3.5~3.6 on air that would impressive.

I'll still be waiting for Deneb though.

all the athlon's tend to stay pretty cool when OCing (relative to intel chips with the same ratio)...

apparently the Deneb cores clock pretty well, but they've got a pretty wicked TDP of 125W at stock settings... i'd really like to see some OCs and benches on the new Regor core

im still waiting for a 6+ghz AMD system =P

i remember back when the pentium 4 was a big deal

when the 3.06 came out, and people pushed it to 6ghz on liquid nitrogen=)

so we've been at 6ghz for 5 years?! cmon, bigger numbers mean something to men

you know, more inches, larger engine size, more CPU frequency, bigger TV

its a guy thing (or a macho girl thing)

i want mhz=(

duck and team japan pushed a P4-631 (Cedar Mill) to 8.22GHz a year or so back... so far nothing has the OC capability of a P4... mainly because now we've been working on power instead of speed, and because more cores mean more power we seem to like that route... more cores also means a higher necessary bus transfer rate, which is what hinders our modern OCing efforts more than anything else

EDIT: oh yeah... im not sure why (probably the conductor fab in conjunction with the architecture itself) but AMD CPUs are just not built for massive OCs... so 6GHz isn't coming any day soon (although these Regors should step it up a notch)

6mhz Quad Core!!!!

Sounds.......... crazy. Any time CPU's surpass 3.00ghz stock they always just add more cores until they reach 3.00ghz stock again and keep adding more cores.

Eventually we'll be complaining about decacores not being able to oc to 3.5ghz+ without huge increases in core voltage and Nos will be there talking about pushing his octocore to 5.00ghz.

yeah, and i'll be using a quad core asking you guys for upgrade advice lol

and you'll say, "OH CMON, use the Extreme Graphics port!! PCIX is sooo outdated"

=P

6mhz Quad Core!!!!

Sounds.......... crazy. Any time CPU's surpass 3.00ghz stock they always just add more cores until they reach 3.00ghz stock again and keep adding more cores.

Eventually we'll be complaining about decacores not being able to oc to 3.5ghz+ without huge increases in core voltage and Nos will be there talking about pushing his octocore to 5.00ghz.

6mhz Quad Core.. that's too slow!!!
:D

I really don't give a crap about the Core Clock Speed unless its really fast at that clock speed... (like really good clock per clock with an Intel)

yeah, and i'll be using a quad core asking you guys for upgrade advice lol

and you'll say, "OH CMON, use the Extreme Graphics port!! PCIX is sooo outdated"

=P

PCIX is rather outdated...

I really wanna see one of Intel's next CPUs in action (the Sandy Bridge architecture)... 32 core running 128 threads (and it should run 4GHz per core!)!! omfg thats huge! might be completely sh17 tho...

luckily enough i got my hands on a Bloomfield and discovered you're better off waiting and reaping the rewards of cheap yourkfields... seriously, dont go out today and get a Core i7

Back
Top Bottom