uninstalling mcafee??

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirCyber

Daemon Poster
ok, well, trying to uninstall mcafee, and it is not doing it. access denied issues. could reinstalling it to repair it, then uninstalling it work? it is a paid subscription, and I'm working on a friends computer. I just put avira and avast! on this computer, along with spybot S&D. is there anything else that I can put on this computer to help speed it up? I'm not wanting to many programs, already did a system clean, it was actually fairly clean. ok, well, thanks for the help guys!

ok, well, trying to uninstall mcafee, and it is not doing it. access denied issues. could reinstalling it to repair it, then uninstalling it work? it is a paid subscription, and I'm working on a friends computer. I just put avira and avast! on this computer, along with spybot S&D. is there anything else that I can put on this computer to help speed it up? I'm not wanting to many programs, already did a system clean, it was actually fairly clean. ok, well, thanks for the help guys!

ok well by putting on 3 av programs you're not doing your friend any help... put on avg8 and call it a day. also download ccleaner (google it) and run that, that will clean out brower shiz and can clean up your registry.

also disable it on start up (msconfig) and end the program tree thats attached to mcafee and you should be able to uninstall it.

In order to totally uninstall McAfee or Norton you usually have to download a utility from them that uninstalls the program. Reason being is usually there are files always loaded in memory since it is a virus scanning utility.

Google it.

right, but if you prevent it from loading up on start up it won't load the files into memory, and if you end the process tree it kills all files running that are associated with mcafee, enabling you to uninstall it ;)

right, but if you prevent it from loading up on start up it won't load the files into memory, and if you end the process tree it kills all files running that are associated with mcafee, enabling you to uninstall it ;)
I haven't had much luck w/ that. Honestly, i've tried to mess w/ msconfig, what processes start or are enabled and it always threw error messages out. I found the easiest fastest way was to uninstall it by using a utility from the company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom