$1k build including monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw on newegg there was an HIS HD4850 for $125 after a MIR. Might want to check that out.

Never heard of that PSU. The E8500 is only $20 more. There's cheaper versions of the HD 4850, as mentioned above. Might get that motherboard and RAM instead, however.

My recommendations were made to accommodate your budget and I chose parts that offered most of the performance of their more expensive brethren. For example, choosing an E8400 over an E8500 saves $20, a 500W power supply over a 750W saves $30, standard DDR2-800 over "performance" saves $20, P5Q over THP saves $30, Centurion over RC690(which when it first retailed sold at the same price until CM realized they can charge 30 bucks more for it) saves $30. All this combined together added $130 to your budget which allowed for a 22" monitor with money left over. The reasoning behind my choice of the 4850 is because I care about system noise, and the ASUS 4850 I own does a mediocre job of balancing noise and cooling. The PSU provided above is a high quality and very quiet power supply which is more than capable of powering a 4850/e8400 system; however, I am not saying the Corsair should be neglected in your decision making.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom