The PoiZeN22 mission to 20k!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
you should be able to get them down to 4-4-4-12 but i wouldnt try any lower especialy with that voltage, and its not like you can really bump it up with ram its so sensitive. i would have to say ram has to be the wussiest part of the computer, hes like the nerd of the whole pc, that if hes not doing well neither does the comp, but you cant push him to far or hard cause hel just give out lol.

yeah, my corsair XMS ddr400 3-3-3-8 runs at 214mhz with 2-2-2-5 no problems

im just saving the ddr2 so that i wont need to buy any when i finally get an am2 mobo lol

actually im actively looking for a good cpu/mobo/gphx option for an upgrade

the only problem, is i have this 3800+ running at 2.8ghz and a radeon 3850 IceQ AGP

so.. uh.. upgrading is gonna require an entire new set of gear (save the ram, which i have in my box)

and its not gonna be cheap, because this 3850 is still a great card

the agp/pcix versions are very close in benchmarks (i didnt notice any differnece and i've been looking all over)

so.. well... i guess i'll need a 4850 or 4870 and some sort of AM2 or 775 motherboard/cpu combo in order for it to be even worth it to upgrade at this point

you shouldbe looking into am2+ also the corsair xms1 ram was great the xms2 wasnt so great. the 4850 would be your best option in your position.

anyway im hoping to rbeak 20k tomorow going to add an xp partition. gonna bust it up woot.

Rich dude, you can take the Intel route, and there are plenty of people who would be able to put together a fairly inexpensive build for you. Or you can go AMD then Vernong, Apok, and probably myself now can help you get an inexpensive build. No need to worry, a decent comp won't run you any more then $500 if you know what's good, and what's crap.

you wont really notice any difference between PCIe and AGP cards in benchmarks, because both interfaces are sufficiently robust to support a 3850... however higher end cards (probably anything, 4850/9800GTX+ or above) will saturate an AGP slot, but will have plenty of room in a PCIe x16 slot...

personally id wait for the i7 to be released (its tomorrow!!!) and then watch the price of yorkfields come crashing down... twill be excellent!!

yeah just install xp, and take out ANYTHING u dont need,

then keep the desktop at 640x480

(install the drivers, just dont touch the resolution)

believe it or not, this helps scores=/ (maybe not in 3dmark06)
but with super-pi, and some of the synthetic desktop benchies it makes a difference

im still suprised i got my score down from 36.6s @ 2.8ghz, down to 32.4s at 2.9ghz

=P 100mhz made a 4.2s difference? yikes

meh i wotn need to do so in 3dmark 06 considerign it runs at 1280x1024. i dont plan on instalign anything but drivers on that partition and 3dmark 06 of course other then that its just gonna be for benching.

you know, im attempting to post to every new thread, and have a long string of my name across the "last post" on the right side of this section of the forum

and poizen22, your RUINING IT!!

you should be ashamed=)

some other random info for you--
untill we see that 21k score

as you can see by looking over <------- there somewhere

i've been here since june 05'.....

and i have 200 posts...

=) i forgot about these forums in 2006 and re-found them a few weeks ago

i was suprised to see i had an account already when i tried to sign up=)

ive instaled a 25gb partition on my hdd last night. i had to reformat a virus took out my entire hd, and even my external, lost 3 years worth of stuff. most of it backed up on my zune thank god, but i will have to reinstal all my games :(. anyway il be breaking 20k tonight for sure !!! :D gotta configure server 08 again first tho, and update xp, so il most likely have a score up by 5/6.

latest score. :( i couldnt get a stable 3.9 run only 3.8 im hping a 3.9 can give me a boost in server 08 it gave me a 500 point boost for 100mhz im hoping itd do so again. need a colder day.

sxyjbl.jpg

this is deserving of a new post not just did i break 20k but i killed it !!!

ORB - World of Performance
m9uaa9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom