Need help finding motherboard and/or other advise. ASUS A8R32-MVP Deluxe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blayzn

Beta member
There was a power surge earlier this morning in my apartment complex. My surge protector didn't work I guess. When I got up this morning, I went to start my computer, and it didn't even try to start up(I'm on my PS3 right now). I know absolutely nothing about computer hardware. So, I had my computer savvy buddy come over to look at it. He automatically thought it was the power supply. When he took it out, it had the smell of burnt wires. Well, I have an extra power supply that came with PC case. He put that in, and still nothing happened. He then took the power supply out of my other friend's computer and tried that. Still nothing. He said that the ram is still good. And the only thing else he could think of was the motherboard.

I started searching online. Newegg, eBay, Google, etc. Every place that it showed up, it said that it was discontinued and they didn't have it. I really need to find it because I can't afford to upgrape my other hardware.

Sorry for the doubt post. PS3 limiations.

Anyway, does anybody have any idea where I can find this motherboard? Finding this one is pretty much my only option that I can think of. My motherboard info is below.

ASUS A8R32-MVP Deluxe
CrossFire Ready
Duel PCI-E X16 Graphics
Socket 939

At first, my other friend was searching online, and my friend that was helping me said it was 2x16. As I said, I know nothing about computer hardware, so I'm not sure. He built the computer for me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Any other advice on what could be the problem if you think it wouldn't be the motherboard? There was no way to test the other hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom