High End Perfomance Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
raid can help cpu scores in benchmarks and such a tad bit with read and write times n such...

raid between 2 hdd's either splits data between the two (to help read faster... example a piece of data lets say is 2 pieces.. 1 goes to 1 hdd the other goes to the other... sooo it pulls 1 from each hdd instead of reading 2 frmo 1 hdd... lame example but explains it well)

either that.. or raid can be sort of like a back up mirror of another hdd

and i'd go with the quad 9550 overclocking is cakewalk with a good mobo.. and a rampage i'm sure you could do 3.8 for everyday use which should be enough

no you don't have to set up raid... they have to be the same exact model hdd to do it

raid is just sharing data between 2 or more hdd's

raid can help cpu scores in benchmarks and such a tad bit with read and write times n such...

raid between 2 hdd's either splits data between the two (to help read faster... example a piece of data lets say is 2 pieces.. 1 goes to 1 hdd the other goes to the other... sooo it pulls 1 from each hdd instead of reading 2 frmo 1 hdd... lame example but explains it well)

either that.. or raid can be sort of like a back up mirror of another hdd

and i'd go with the quad 9550 overclocking is cakewalk with a good mobo.. and a rampage i'm sure you could do 3.8 for everyday use which should be enough

How much will it help in the CPU Score for 3dmark06 between a single velociraptor and velociraptor strip (RAID 0).

hardly anything... lol

but hey, if you got the money to do it.. why not

but in all honesty, you will probably not notice a real life difference with all that... i'd say you'd be better off with a nice 1tb hdd raid... 7200.11 samsung spinpoints

hardly anything... lol

but hey, if you got the money to do it.. why not

but in all honesty, you will probably not notice a real life difference with all that... i'd say you'd be better off with a nice 1tb hdd raid... 7200.11 samsung spinpoints

I seen the 1TB HDD perform like the Velociraptor is that correct? Will 2x 1TB HDD beat/same speed than the 2x Velociraptor both on RAID 0? Don't 1TB HDD fail a lot?

Don't 1TB HDD fail a lot?

Its not that they fail alot. With a TB of HD Space if the drive fails then you loose 1TB of price less information. While with 640GB drives and 500 GB Drives you could have back ups and I guess it just means you risk losing less information.

Is this true? I been seeing threads about a problem with 4870X2 CrossfireX. You get the same 3dmark06 score if you run with a single 4870X2.

I am thinking of getting the ASUS Rampage Formula.
Should I get:
1x 4870X2 ($550) & 1x VGA Water Block ($140)
2x 4870 ($280 each) & 2x VGA Water Block ($130 each)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom